Cooling system air flow

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Cooling system air flow

Post by KimVanOrder »

I have been fighting a overheating issue in the past. Seem to have it solved after putting in a new Radiator. Now my question is,,,, Do I dare to mount a front license plate on the light bar, in front of the radiator? I see a lot of photos of this done, I'm gun shy. Your experiences, Ideas would be appreciated. :?
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: Cooling system air flow

Post by Stakebed »

well thats were they were and have been installed for ages so go for it. Did you flush the block when you exchanged radiators?
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Re: Cooling system air flow

Post by KimVanOrder »

Stakebed wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 6:01 pm
well thats were they were and have been installed for ages so go for it. Did you flush the block when you exchanged radiators?
Oh, I did better than flush it. I put it in a yr. ago and flushed it then. I also just last week drained the antifreeze, and flushed it 5 times with water. I keep doing it until it came out clear. Then because I'm so OCD and Dutch, aka tight, I filtered the antifreeze to clean out all the fine rust particles. Used coffee filters. Seamed to work great.. Now the temp. is toping out at 208 deg. and the boiling point is at 245ish. So no more boiling over. And fluid level is a bit over the tubes tops.. I'll move the plate and give it a try.. Thanks for your feed back..

BTW, Is that the way they came from the factory? or originally used?
KVO
Dec. '28 AA