Fordwood.com ?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Fordwood.com ?

Post by vtwinsideways »

Has anyone done business with fordwood.com? If so, how did it go? They're the only place so far that I have found where I can buy the side rail above the doors ('29 CC) separately. Thanks
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Re: Fordwood.com ?

Post by KimVanOrder »

I built my own. Not that difficult. If you have an old part to copy. Or, I have patterns for my '28 if you would like to use one if it is the same as yours. Better yet, I have an extra one if you want it. I'm in Hamilton, Mi..
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
s147881
Body Type: stake bed 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by s147881 »

I used their wood kits all wood replacement in my 29 express survivor. Fit was good but did require some trimming. One of the sets I did have to wait a very long but luckily I was not ready to use it anyway.
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by vtwinsideways »

Thanks guys, I'm a woodworker and not afraid to make my own however I need them fast. Dad had already bought the header, the ribs and a few other items and we have run out of time this year for me to build the side rails. I ended up ordering the entire top wood kit from Snyder's so I'll have some brand new extras for sale in the very near future.
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois