Idaho requires vin check

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Langan
Body Type: 29 closed
Model Year: 1929

Idaho requires vin check

Post by Langan »

My AA is a 1930 with 1929 cab, common I here. It is currently registered in Washington. Just moved to Idaho Boise area and they require vin check.
I have pulled foot and floor wood, also looked on sides were do they stamp? Motor long gone and motor thats in it does not match vin.
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Re: Idaho requires vin check

Post by 1crosscut »

It will be on the top of the frame to the left of where your left foot rests while driving. Unfortunately you will need to lift the cab and splash shield to see it. If you don't have much rust you might be able to lift things just enough to make a paper and pencil rubbing to get an impression of it. Location wasn't one of Mr. Fords better ideas.
------------
Dave
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

Here is a picture Neil posted.

Bob
Engine-ID-on-Frame.jpg
Engine-ID-on-Frame.jpg (67.59 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by KimVanOrder »

My 28 has the Vin just in front of the cab. No need to lift the cab. I wire brushed and brushed and brushed until I finally got it to the point that I could read it. Then I filed it with white spray paint, let it dry then scraped off the surface leaving just what is in the 'stamp'. So try looking there before lifting the cab. You may get lucky.. :D
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

"My AA is a 1930 with 1929 cab" All Early 1930's used the '29 type sheet metal until June '30 when the new bodies went into production.
Langan
Body Type: 29 closed

Post by Langan »

Still can't find numbers? Only thing I have not done is pull body bolt out. Looks like someone has looked there before body has been pried up behind bolt.
I want to remove bed are they under there to? maybe?
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

If you find them under the bed I think that you would be the first to ever do so. I once found a second stamping of the identification numbers stamped on the inner right hand side of a Model A Coupe frame. Odds of that happening for you are unfortunately very slim. I think you will need to lift the cab and splash shield unfortunately.
------------
Dave