Dump bed hoist color

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Matt
Body Type: 76-A
Model Year: 1929

Dump bed hoist color

Post by Matt »

Should the dump bed and hydraulic hoist be painted the same color? Or is the hoist always black?
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Re: Dump bed hoist color

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

Matt, I'd say that since dump bodies were supplied by aftermarket companies they probably could be painted any way the customer wanted. I painted my Anthony dump body to match the cab color, but the subframe and frame mounted mechanicals black.

A note on your earlier post about your Wood body. According to the new Judging Standards, some Wood bodies were only supplied by Ford after 9/30 and more added later. Before then though, you could have bought your truck from a Ford dealer and then had a Wood body installed by anyone. If you're planing to show your truck in Fine Point, I'd ask for a "Variance" from the "Standards". I'm sure it would be granted, knowing that Wood bodies were available earlier. The picture mentioned in the earlier post should be sent to prove your point. Just a technicality, that I thought I'd mention.

Keith
Matt
Body Type: 76-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Dump bed hoist color

Post by Matt »

Thanks Keith, I'm going into touring class.