Put together truck?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Bob
Model Year: 1930

Put together truck?

Post by Bob »

I have a AA truck with a cab date of 2/14/29, frame # 1C74517*, engine
#*A4067453 and a worm drive rear end with TT marked on both sides of the differential. Is this a "put together" truck? In other words are these parts and pieces of several trucks? Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

The first AA worm drive rear axles have TT markings on them. I am not sure when this was changed.

A4067453 is an A engine number. So, the engine is not original. But, this is not uncommon. When an AA engine was changed, an A engine was usually used.

I don't know what "1C74517" is. For the US the frame number should be AAnnnnnnn (where n is a number). There is a star on each end. This is the original engine number.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Bob »

Is there such a thing as a "cab card" like modern day trucks? Also, I have located a worm drive rear end that has a 2 gear spider rarher than 4 gear and has tapered "timkin" style axle bearings at the differential rather than ball bearings like the TT has. Is there anywhere I can read up on which trucks were made of what components or when different changes were made. I appreciate your response Neil--Thank you.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

I have not heard of a "cab card" for the AA's. I have not heard of the axle which you reference. Maybe someone has some information.
Regards, Neil Wilson