Relocated fuel tank

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Re: Relocated fuel tank

Post by KimVanOrder »

Cschaff63 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 10:10 am
garagekulture13 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 8:51 am
I believe you quoted the wrong comment. The comment you quoted (which was mine) makes no mention of butchering or anything being irreversible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I stand corrected on the miss quote, but I do care what people think of me and my truck, that is the only reason I had stayed and tried to defend myself on this great forum, however, I no longer feel the desire to share any more concerning my truck, the locals go absolutely Gaga over my truck and that is inspiration enough for me to keep this icon on the road any way I can. Thank you to all who have given me words of encouragement. Enjoy your forum!
Good for you!! They are jelous of you..
Don't leave us..
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
markp213
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

Re: Relocated fuel tank

Post by markp213 »

Cschaff63 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 10:10 am
garagekulture13 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 8:51 am
I believe you quoted the wrong comment. The comment you quoted (which was mine) makes no mention of butchering or anything being irreversible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I stand corrected on the miss quote, but I do care what people think of me and my truck, that is the only reason I had stayed and tried to defend myself on this great forum, however, I no longer feel the desire to share any more concerning my truck, the locals go absolutely Gaga over my truck and that is inspiration enough for me to keep this icon on the road any way I can. Thank you to all who have given me words of encouragement. Enjoy your forum!
Yeah, I don't get what some of us are so upset about. It's still a great looking AA and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a 100% stock - zero modification, color correct, factory in stalled matching number AA truck here or in real life! It's all personal preference. I'm just glad it isn't chopped and hot-rodded. THAT would be the real shame (my opinion only). My AA isn't 100% correct. I wish it was, but due to my mis-reading of the judging guidelines while I was restoring it, I have a few things that need to be corrected some day, but I'm really not worried about any of them. It still looks great and it's fun to drive as is. I wish I had found this forum back when I was restoring it. There's a lot of good information and knowledgeable people here, including yourself.

Please keep us posted on your progress and forget about the ones who don't "approve." They ain't paying your bills, it's your project, and most of us here want to see it through. I learned a long time ago... don't focus on the one or two grumpy guys in the group, enjoy the 99% of the rest of us!