Page 1 of 1
Posted: October 29th, 2019, 7:18 pm
Working on my starter. I can measure a high resistance (leak) from either insulated brush or contact button to the shell. I thought I would try replacing button insulators and pulling field coils loose and try to insulate them with insulating varnish or sealing wax. What think yee?
Posted: October 30th, 2019, 3:31 pm
Sounds like your having fun!!!! Give it a try. we all may learn from this..
Posted: November 12th, 2019, 9:17 am
Now I get no leaks. No reading between brushes and shell.
Sprayed field coils with insulating varnish.
Posted: November 13th, 2019, 4:51 pm
So?????? are you taking orders ????????
Posted: November 13th, 2019, 6:01 pm
Well I haven’t bench tested it yet. Need to pick up a 6volt battery. Cleaned up commutator, it barely fit in my little lathe. I put in new brushes and bushings. Took a while to get new contact button soldered in. I ended up using three heavy copper irons heated on gasoline camp stove. Hope it works!
Starter switch was ‘leaky’ too so new one is on the way. Two new tires showed up today. Water pump needs attention next. Having a ball!
Posted: November 14th, 2019, 4:19 am
Posted: November 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm
Bench tests OK. Gave her a coat of paint. Next to put on bendix and switch and see if she will crank. Battery box ready. Cleaned and primed frame channels in battery area. New battery waiting.
Posted: November 14th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Posted: November 16th, 2019, 5:16 pm
Starter installed with new switch, new battery and new cables. Works like a new one.