Brake Linkage Orientation

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
dlevy
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

Brake Linkage Orientation

Post by dlevy »

Hi,

I have not been able to find the answer to which way the brake rods go in my 1931 AA.

As you know, the rods have a fixed eye at one end and an adjustable clevis at the other end.

Snyders says all the clevises go to the front of the vehicle (rear rods have clevises on the cross shaft and front rods have their clevises on the brake lever arms at the backing plates).

The tiny little pictures in the Green Ford Parts manual look like the the clevises are at the lever arms by the backing plates for all the service brakes and at the cross shaft for the parking brake.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
slavalley
Body Type: 88-A
Model Year: 1931

Re: Brake Linkage Orientation

Post by slavalley »

Made this today.
Attachments
rear brake rods.JPG
rear brake rods.JPG (40.58 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Brake Linkage Orientation

Post by Neil Wilson »

dlevy wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 9:03 pm
Hi, I have not been able to find the answer to which way the brake rods go in my 1931 AA.
As you know, the rods have a fixed eye at one end and an adjustable clevis at the other end.
Snyders says all the clevises go to the front of the vehicle (rear rods have clevises on the cross shaft and front rods have their clevises on the brake lever arms at the backing plates).
The tiny little pictures in the Green Ford Parts manual look like the the clevises are at the lever arms by the backing plates for all the service brakes and at the cross shaft for the parking brake. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks,Dave
dlevy, Refer to page E-53 of the E Supplement of the RGJS. There is an "AA Brake Rods Table (by brake system D1, D2, D3 and D4)" with the information needed. An AA131 for 1930 - end-of-production would have the D3 Brake System. An AA157 would have the D4 Brake System.
Regards, Neil Wilson