best shipping source for large items

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

best shipping source for large items

Post by birdacre »

i have an express bed i want to ship to west coast from ct. best sources? so far it looks like 450 if on a pallet and disassembled of course. just the sides, front and tailgate. any ideas??
DBF 29
Body Type: Platform
Model Year: 1929

Re: best shipping source for large items

Post by DBF 29 »

I think that the best solution would be to ship it to me in Kansas City, half the distance and half the price !! I have a TT bed that I am going to convert but would love to have an AA express to start with.

I have heard that for large items one of the cheapest ways to ship is via greyhound bus line. I have not tried it but have read about people who have done it and said it worked well. Don't know about size limitations but there is a lot of space under those buses. So you might give them a call on the cost to ship to Kansas City !!

Hope that helps

Duane Fouts
David R.
Body Type: Chassis
Model Year: 1930

Post by David R. »

I have also heard Fastenall company will ship items store to store at reasonable rates
azmodela
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1929

Post by azmodela »

David R. wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 3:41 pm
I have also heard Fastenall company will ship items store to store at reasonable rates
Fastenall no longer ships outside items or customers.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

I tried to buy some hardware from Fasternal. They wouldn't accept cash and would only sell to registered customers with an account. Screw them.
Trulyvintage
Body Type: Model A

Post by Trulyvintage »

birdacre wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 6:33 am
i have an express bed i want to ship to west coast from ct. best sources? so far it looks like 450 if on a pallet and disassembled of course. just the sides, front and tailgate. any ideas??
Unless you go after it yourself - that is cost prohibitive to crate for commercial drop shipping & ship.

Jim