Need a quick drum taillight wiringmeasurement

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Need a quick drum taillight wiringmeasurement

Post by Stakebed »

Hello all,
i need a quick measurement on someone's truck.

Id have the pretty much straight maybe 6" long drum style taillight brackets (3 bolt holes to bottom of frame rail mounting style) and drum lights on a march of 29 AA but i need to know how long the wires are from bullet connectors that go in the taillight along the short taillight arm and to the side of the frame rail - how long is that stretch of wire? I guessed about 8" but i could be wrong...
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Need a quick drum taillight wiringmeasurement

Post by Neil Wilson »

Stakebed wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 9:04 pm
Hello all,
i need a quick measurement on someone's truck.

Id have the pretty much straight maybe 6" long drum style taillight brackets (3 bolt holes to bottom of frame rail mounting style) and drum lights on a march of 29 AA but i need to know how long the wires are from bullet connectors that go in the taillight along the short taillight arm and to the side of the frame rail - how long is that stretch of wire? I guessed about 8" but i could be wrong...
Stakebed,
Actually, the original wiring was was a complete assembly from the lighting switch assembly to the tail lamp. It was AA-14405-B d2 "Stop & Tail Light Wiring Assembly for A-13470 d3 tail lamp bracket.

Attached - A-13470 d3 bracket and AA-14405-B wiring assembly images.

Note that the wiring assembly was a glazed cotton (black with a red tracer)

The source for original AA wiring is below (this was as of 2/3/11):

Chris Olsen – cell 541-410-8929
Bauer Electronics – Class Tech 541-389-6339
62935 Layton Ave.
Bend, OR 97701
bauerelectronics@yahoo.com
http://www.bauerelectronicsinc.com/

I ordered several AA harness from him in 2011. The one which seems correct for your AA:
AA-11653-B d3 (Twolite head lamp wiring and 166-1/2” tail lamp wiring AA-14405-B d2)
1929 AA with drum tail lamp and four position lighting switch A-11654-B
Attachments
AA-14405-B d2 Stop & Tail Light Wiring Assembly-q8.jpg
A-13470-A d3 Tail Lamp & License Bracket Support 1a-q8.jpg
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: Need a quick drum taillight wiringmeasurement

Post by Stakebed »

Oh i know, im having a custom wiring harness made and want to be very clear with my measurements as I'm going to be making a "rear" harness to get to a passenger side tail/brake light that follows factory ish routing. I just have no idea how far past the frame the wires stick out to reach the drum - hate to come up 1" too short or 5" too long haha.

Yes those are the arms im talking about.