Where to get plating done?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
John - NNY
Model Year: 1930

Where to get plating done?

Post by John - NNY »

Are there platers that specialize in nickle and cadmium plating model A parts? I would like to get my Instrument panel, Emergency Brake handle, and other parts refinished. I know the E. Brake handle had a combination satin / polished finish. I would like to get it done correctly the first time without buffing off all the original details. Any idea on the minimum order, quantity that they take, ect?

Sent my generator, starter and distributor out for rebuild. Those are the first parts to be rebuilt in my project!

John
NNY
John - NNY

Re: Where to get plating done?

Post by John - NNY »

Found some leads in the archives. Aero Propeller and Magna Plating. Any new information / prices on these folks?

John
s147881
Body Type: stake bed 82A

Post by s147881 »

I had areo plating do 10 wheel rings, 25 lug nuts, 4 hub caps, one spare tire nut and one light body. They did an excellent job and the cost without the shipping was about 300.00.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Floyd at Magna Plating on California in Burbank, CA will Cadmium plate anything you can fit in a 15 gallon drum for 50 bucks. He didn't charge me anything extra to do 6 20" wheel snap rings. UPS goes to his door and he is a Model A owner himself.