What modern wheels fit an AA?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

What modern wheels fit an AA?

Post by Stakebed »

Hello, its been awhile since i posted here

I was wondering if anyone knew of any modern rims that fit the 29AA? Reason being is i need at least 2 29 AA rims and 4 tires, but id like to have somehting temporary to bolt on to roll the chassis around. So does anything modern (like 1980's+) fit? Somehting that i can pick up 4 rims and ires that hold air just to roll it around. OR if you know where i can get some AA rims that would belp too.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: What modern wheels fit an AA?

Post by Chris Haynes »

When I was building mine I made some wheels out of 1 1/4" plywood to roll it around on.
steve s.
Body Type: BB204A
Model Year: 1932

Post by steve s. »

There are no modern wheels that I know of that will fit an AA. Dodge Power Wagons up to the late sixties had a 5 bolt pattern that might bolt on, but they are for 16 in. tires and fairly wide also. If you are handy with a torch and a welder you could cut the center of a Ford wheel out (assuming that you have some wheels that are too rusty around the rim to use - the trouble I usually have ) and weld the centers onto any wheel you have available . A pretty nice wheel can be put together if you are careful about it. I have two five bolt six vent hole wheels that I could sell if you're interested. I'm in NE PA. Good luck, Steve
E.Moore

1929 AA Wheels

Post by E.Moore »

I have at least one and possibly two NOS 29 AA wheels for sale. $350.00 each + shipping.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: 1929 AA Wheels

Post by Stakebed »

E.Moore wrote:I have at least one and possibly two NOS 29 AA wheels for sale. $350.00 each + shipping.
well, considering the rest of my truck wont be tip top shape(looks wise, mechanically it will be), id liek to leave those for the restorers/show people

plywood may work, but id have to roll it out into a gravel driveway and the garage occasionally floods if the drainage pipe gets clogged for the driveway(in otherwords potential to get wet and soggy thus making it unsafe to be under)

i was thinking about cutting up whats left of one of em(one of the "spokes" is nearly rusted in half) but then once again, i still need at least 3 more :( i have no extra parts(just started first restoration)
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

I have four of the '29 AA wheels to sell. They are in very good to excellent condition and do not have the lock ring. They are $90 each plus shipping. Below is a picture of one.

[attachment=0]1929 AA Wheel 1b.jpg[/attachment]

I will be on vacation until early next week. I can send you pictures of these wheels when I get back. If you are interested, send me an email.

I believe that I have one '29 AA wheel which has oversized wheel bolt holes which would work for a roller. $10 plus shipping. The shipping cost is not worth such a wheel!
Attachments
1929 AA Wheel 1b.jpg
1929 AA Wheel 1b.jpg (48.05 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
Regards, Neil Wilson