I need help with 29AA

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
jsfocke
Model Year: 1930

Re: I need help with 29AA

Post by jsfocke »

OK, I got over to the garage where our model AA is and took a few pictures. It does have 6 holes in the wheels. So, I guess it is indeed a 29.

Here's what we have:

REM

Post by REM »

That definitely looks to be a 29 and I must say in much better shape than most that I see these days. That should make a real nice truck
Good luck.
Richard
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Are you sure this AA is a 1929? Does it have the original engine? If so what is the number on it or the registration? Which rims and rearend does it have? Is it a 3 or 4 speed? Does it have a screw on or twist lock gas cap?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

The truck is not a 1930. It is most likely a 1929 given the '29 AA wheels on the '28/'29 front axle. If it is a late '29 then it would have a 4-speed transmisstion. From start of production in 1927 through mid 1929 the AA came with a 3-speed transmission with an optional dual high transmission. It is possible that the truck is a '28 but with the '29 wheels.

The rear window is not original. Someone has cut out the rear panel and made a larger window. The sunvisor is for a coupe/tudor. the radiator shell is for a Model A car since it is plated. The commercial A/AA's have the same shell but painted black.
Regards, Neil Wilson