Books

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Tony G
Model Year: 1931

Books

Post by Tony G »

Hi Guys,
As i'm just beginning on restoring a Model AA dumptruck can you recommend which manuals I should buy. I want the ones with the best details , drawings / diagrams, and procedures for reconditioning each system.I have one from Victor Page but its really just an overview.

Thanks,
TG
Old is good, New is bad
steve s.
Body Type: BB204A
Model Year: 1932

Re: Books

Post by steve s. »

Tony,

I can only offer you my opinion, but I have yet to find a really good technical book on AA trucks. Of course you should have the original instruction and parts books that came with the truck. I like the later -32-37- parts books also for reference and interchangeability. The Model A /AA Truck Owner by A G McMillan , is very interesting reading but not very technical.
The AA Truck Supplement to Restorer's Model A Shop Manual by Jim Shild has some good helpful information, but it is not a shop manual . There are some very good books devoted to the A car that are great for engine information, and some other common assemblies. I'm sure I haven't seen everything available so keep looking and let us know what you find . Steve .
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

The 1934 Ford Chassis parts book is a must.
Tony G
Model Year: 1931

Post by Tony G »

I went to visit Lebarron Bonney the other day and bought 3 books there.The Model A ford Mechanics Handbook vol. 1&2 by Les Andrews. I also bought The model A Engine by William & Paul Mcree. I like them so far. Thanks for the info guys.
Tony G.
Old is good, New is bad
Jay Neeley
Model Year: 1930

Post by Jay Neeley »

In my humble opinion, the best reference material for the AA truck, hands down, is The Double A'er, annual newsletter published by the Ford Model AA Truck Club. All you have to do to get on the mailing list is join the club! There are links from this website to take you to the club site, or you can just go to http://www.fmaatc.org for more information. Neil Wilson, who frequently contributes information on this forum, is the club president, and personally researches and writes many articles each year for the newsletter. The articles are well written and extremely informative. Once you join, you also have the opportunity to purchase all the back issues available back through 1994. This collection of back issues has lots, and lots, of information that you'll not find anywhere else. Join the club!