Model A Tractor Conversion

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
RLaurin
Model Year: 1930

Model A Tractor Conversion

Post by RLaurin »

I have a Model A with a tractor conversion. Got it from an Uncle when he passed away. Very run down and needs complete restore but it is all there and the engine still turns over. Does anyone know what something like this is worth? Is there many of these out there? I belive my Uncle once told me the conversion kit came from Montgomery Wards back in those days but I am not sure. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Also have a Model AA frame with transmision and cowling attached. I believe it is a 28 0r 29. What would this be worth?

Trying to clean house alittle.

Thanks for the help.
RLaurin

Picture of Tractor

Post by RLaurin »

Thought I would attach a pic of the tractor for all to see. I seems to be very unique. Thaks for helping.
Attachments
IMGP1419.JPG
IMGP1419.JPG (29.25 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: Picture of Tractor

Post by Chris Haynes »

RLaurin wrote:Thought I would attach a pic of the tractor for all to see. I seems to be very unique. Thaks for helping.

Actually, in addition to being worthless it is also hazardous machine that could hurt somebody.
Give me the address where it is located and I will safely remove it and dispose of it for you. :mrgreen:
RLaurin

Re: Model A Tractor Conversion

Post by RLaurin »

Thanks but I think I will hang on to it a little longer. I am looking for the history on these machines. Thanks for your input.
rsierk
Body Type: 185-B
Model Year: 1931

Re: Model A Tractor Conversion

Post by rsierk »

I think there are lots of these conversions around, at least in the east. I have not seen as many like yours, perhaps, but they are out there and there is some demand for them. I think they are pretty interesting. I bought one once, just to get the engine, and it was made up from an old square-axle international truck rear end.