FORD FRONT AXLE

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
GHWOODY

FORD FRONT AXLE

Post by GHWOODY »

I am retiring my old trailer. It is built on a ford front axle. I was told it was a Model AA truck axle. The onle clue I have is that the bearing cover say Ford in the old script and made in USA. They look like brass with cad plating. The cover is treaded to the axle with a 2-1/8-24 thread. Is the axle worth saving or should I just junk the whole thing. :?:
manyolkars
Model Year: 1930

Your axle is a Model T

Post by manyolkars »

All Model Ts used the same front axle, including the big trucks. Dont throw it away! Someone would like to have it. What wheels does it have? Where are you? manyolkars@sport.rr.com
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Re: FORD FRONT AXLE

Post by mikeg »

GHWOODY wrote:I am retiring my old trailer. It is built on a ford front axle. I was told it was a Model AA truck axle. The onle clue I have is that the bearing cover say Ford in the old script and made in USA. They look like brass with cad plating. The cover is treaded to the axle with a 2-1/8-24 thread. Is the axle worth saving or should I just junk the whole thing. :?:
Yes, definately save it! Those grease caps can be hard to come by. If you would like to sell the caps I'll buy them from you.
GWOODY

FORD FRONT AXLE

Post by GWOODY »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY:D