Hello again my fellow AA'ers

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
dyoungs
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1931

Hello again my fellow AA'ers

Post by dyoungs »

Well I have been very busy with life and work. I am sad to say that my Grandfather that got me started with my truck almost 20 years ago just passed away...I was able to give him his last request and take the longest drive of my life. I now am the proud owner of the 1931 AA and a 1949 KB-7 Int. I know it is not an AA but, it is a long time classic. It was his wish to take his last ride laying down in the back of the vehicle that he started his 68 year driving career in. Some of you might have seen this truck in the movie "Cider House Rules" it was the truck that they loaded all the apples on and then drove away from the warehouse all loaded. Hope you like.
Dave

Mike, Hope all is well and how are you making out with your project??
Dave
Attachments
P1010069.JPG
P1010069.JPG (84.83 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
DSC02506.JPG
DSC02506.JPG (76.26 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
1-4-2008 6.jpg;44.jpg;43 PM.jpg
1-4-2008 6.jpg;44.jpg;43 PM.jpg (84.43 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Re: Hello again my fellow AA'ers

Post by mikeg »

Hi Dave, my condolences to you and your family.

That is a really beautiful truck!

Work on my AA has slowed down considerably ever since the kids came along, but I do plan to start back up on the final body work this summer and hope to get some paint on the metal by next fall.

My running gear has been finished for a couple of years now, so that is pretty much buttoned up.

A frame off restore, and I'm talking every gear, seal, bearing, bushing, etc... has been replaced or refurbished, is a MAJOR project for sure. :shock:
Mike in Maine
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

Post by Mike in Maine »

David,
You and your grandfather shared a close bond I am sure. His passing must have been hard. You can treasure the relationship you had with him and all the special memories that will always be there.
It is great that you were able to fulfill his last wishes. The pictures are great and will forever be a special part of your life. You look pretty snappy in the greens! Enjoy your trucks and be especially proud to have something that was a lifetime for your grandfather. My truck is coming along slowly but I am making progress.
Best wishes and regards to you and your family,
Mike
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

1949 KB-7 Int. It was his wish to take his last ride laying down in the back of the vehicle that he started his 68 year driving career in.

1949+68=2017. Oops. :mrgreen: