HELP! New member seeking answers from the pros

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
jkseeyy7
Model Year: 1930

HELP! New member seeking answers from the pros

Post by jkseeyy7 »

Hi all, I'm new to the boards. I'm hoping one of you pros on the subject can help me and grandfather. He bought our truck at an old campground in 1971 and has restored it ever since. Now at the end, we are not sure exactly what we have. All this time we thought it was a 1932 model BB but upon some research, we are not entirely sure. Now we think it's possibly an AA. Besides, we would like other info such as decoding the VIN, what year, model AA or BB?, how many produced, where it was manufactured etc. I've searched endless hours on the net and can't get anywhere. I'm looking for any and all information anyone can provide. Here's what we know: According to the campground owners that sold it to us, it was deserted there by the Salvation Army in the mid-late 60's, VIN AAB5018503, 1 1/2 ton dually stake bed, 4 speed/reverse, straight 4 cylinder, no external oil tube return, original green in color. DMV does not know what year or make when we got a title. Can anyone help us out? Thanks!
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: HELP! New member seeking answers from the pros

Post by Chris Haynes »

AAB5018503 is a number out of the Model A range. But the AA prefix is Model AA for sure. Is that number from the engine or frame? Where is the gas tank located? Is there an opening vent on top of the cowl?
How about showing us a photo of it.
jkseeyy7

Post by jkseeyy7 »

Knuck wrote:AAB5018503 is a number out of the Model A range. But the AA prefix is Model AA for sure. Is that number from the engine or frame? Where is the gas tank located? Is there an opening vent on top of the cowl?
How about showing us a photo of it.
I'll get some pictures when I get out there to the farm this week and then post them. The number is on the engine and the fenderwell and match. The gas tank is under the seat and I don't know about the vent/cowl-I'll check that out. Thanks for the response! Does anyone else think they could tell me anything about this?
jkseeyy7

Post by jkseeyy7 »

I just found out some more info...hope it helps to find out what year it is....correction on the number: it is stamped on the engine block and on the frame behind the fenderwell, and they match. You have to pull the front seat forward to fill the gas tank (10 gal). It has a 131 1/2" chassis and a letter "C" stamped on the engine head? High compression? Rare? I'll keep posting more info when I get it. I really hope someone can help figure this out-it's driving me nuts!
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Sounds like a 1932/'33.