problems with vender , The Brass Works ,

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
toolhawk1
Model Year: 1930

problems with vender , The Brass Works ,

Post by toolhawk1 »

Ok let me vent here and get your 2 cents worth , I purchased a new special made radiator from the brass works for my 29 AA , said it would take 2-3 weeks took double that and more (minor) went to fluid in it today to start it up for the first time as fast as I put the fluid in ,it came out of a seam on the bottom tank that was never sealed , (a wide open gap ) no solder any where close to the gap , called the company they tell me they pressure test every rad. NOT THIS ONE!! They want me to ship and pay for shipping to them so they can see what the problem is and if its there problem or not and maybe have to pay for shipping back to me . I had a better idea send me my new one today and I will put your defective one in the box with prepaid shipping and send it back to you, Now understand I paid $800.00 for what I thought was great quality , NOT !!! I understand there is always a chance of a problem with anything but to tell me this was tested before being sent out ,there is no way this one was ever checked!!!! , So I guess this is your warning if you purchase from them ,
Ray

They said no to my Idea so I am having a local shop fix what should have been done in the first place , I did offer them to give me a small refund , they declined
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: problems with vender , The Brass Works ,

Post by Chris Haynes »

At least they responded to you. Howell's Sheetmetal never responded when I told them the panel they made for me was wrong and couldn't be used.
E.Moore

The Brass Works

Post by E.Moore »

Sorry to learn that you had trouble. I've bought three from them and all are first class. It sounds like the man in the test area let the one you received get by him.