Bolts

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Tony G
Model Year: 1931

Bolts

Post by Tony G »

Im about to remove the differential and rear suspension for disassembly, inspection and rebuild.Its a '31 AA. Im seeing that some bolts & nuts are square head. Can these be purchased ?My 2nd question is can anyone recommend a book, manual, or publication that will give detailed part assembly diagrams. So far all of the manuals I have seen and bought are very brief and exhist only to profit the author. Im quickly learning that most people dont do their own work.
Old is good, New is bad
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Bolts

Post by Neil Wilson »

I can not think of any square bolts/nuts with regards to the rear axle and springs. It could be that they are replacements as a result of service over the years.

I also don't know of any parts diagrams. The Ford Parts Price Lists is a good source for pictures of parts and lists of the standard parts (nuts, bolts, etc.). There were several lists released and using a list which is dated after (but close) to the truck date is the best to use.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Model Year: 1930

Re: Bolts

Post by E.Moore »

I have a copy of an overseas AA assembly manual with isometric drawings from Ford Motor Company that shows the exploded view of the assembly of all AA components and sub assemblies. These were used by foreigners to assemble the AA trucks that were shipped to other countries in crates. The Ford AA part numbers are indicated on all parts. This is a pricey thing to sell, as I have a lot invested in it. It would be a photo copy sold to you if you are interested. $250.00 + $6.50 postage.