Update: Gear Project for Worm & Bevel Drive

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
popcorn-guy
Model Year: 1930

Update: Gear Project for Worm & Bevel Drive

Post by popcorn-guy »

My apologies for seemingly falling off the face of the earth. The project is in limbo due to circumstances unforseen. Primarily, I lost my desktop computer due to a logic board failure. An attempt was made by the service center whom I purchased a new computer through, but a majority of my files were not recovered. I have since purchased a case to put the drive in and I will attempt to do the recovery myself prior to having to spend a huge amount of monies at DriveSavers.

Top the above off with health issues within the family and a sizeable number of projects that are being attended to at the home front, and I've not had time to persue the reproduction of the gears. As soon as I can reassemble my computer system and ascertain if I can recover my gear files I'll keep everyone informed. I may end up asking those who put their names in to please do so again if still interested. We got far enough to know that it, the project, had a very good chance of being done at a reasonable cost to all. I would like to see that accomplished.

Again my apologies and I will do my best to get this up and going again as soon as I can sweep a couple of the homefront projects off the board. Please bear with me as I also would like to obtain some gear sets for my trucks.

Alan 707-824-2882