30 stake fenders

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Franklin
Model Year: 1930

30 stake fenders

Post by Franklin »

Does anyone know if the fenders to a 1930 stake truck are unique only for that truck, or are there other fenders that Ford produced for other vehicles that mach?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: 30 stake fenders

Post by Neil Wilson »

The 1930 front fenders are the same for both the A and AA. Through May/June 1930, the 1929 style fenders were used. The mid 1929 to end of production platform/stake AA's did not have rear fenders.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Franklin »

You mean that front fenders from a 1930 coupe or sedan will fit on my 30 AA?
Neil Wilson

Post by Neil Wilson »

Yes, all A and AA front fenders are the same with the exception of the 1931 AA front fenders with a wheel well (larger wheel well for the AA tire).

The cab and hood are the same for the A and AA also.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Franklin »

What's the difference between the 30 style and 29 style front fenders? My 30 is an early year model and has the 30 style cab, but not sure on the fenders. Both fenders are in very poor condition but most likely salvagable. I guess what Im trying to say is I need new fenders! I'm not to sure I want to spend a ton of time fixing the old ones because what I'll end up with is a pair of fenders that are full of body filler, aka bondo. Steel is the real deal! But Im not to hip on spending a grand on new fenders. I think that the left fender does not look the same as the right, the spread at the front does not look the same. Maybe its just tweeked or a mixed mach.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

Franklin wrote:What's the difference between the 30 style and 29 style front fenders? My 30 is an early year model and has the 30 style cab, but not sure on the fenders. Both fenders are in very poor condition but most likely salvagable. I guess what Im trying to say is I need new fenders! I'm not to sure I want to spend a ton of time fixing the old ones because what I'll end up with is a pair of fenders that are full of body filler, aka bondo. Steel is the real deal! But Im not to hip on spending a grand on new fenders. I think that the left fender does not look the same as the right, the spread at the front does not look the same. Maybe its just tweeked or a mixed mach.
got a pic? mine are so far rusted (ones half gone) that i cant help ya there...
Neil Wilson

Post by Neil Wilson »

Since you have an early '30 truck then it will have an 82-A cab. Ford continued to use the '28/'29 cab and related sheet metal (i.e. front fenders) until about May/June of 1930. The 82-B cab was then put into production after May/June and the front fenders were changed to the '30/'31 style.

So, why don't you post a picture of your truck so that we can see what you actually have.
Regards, Neil Wilson