AA Clutch Adjustment Problems

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Jim505
Model Year: 1930

AA Clutch Adjustment Problems

Post by Jim505 »

I just had to install a better engine in my 1930 AA. I made sure the fingers on the pressure plate were set at .625 per the manual. Now I don't have enough clutch pedal travel to release the clutch. I have made adjustments to the point I have about 1/2 inch clutch travel before engaging the throw out bearing. Clutch disk was installed with the thick side toward the tranny. Where did I go wrong.
bud valerius

Re: AA Clutch Adjustment Problems

Post by bud valerius »

I sounds like you have replaced the clutch/brake pedal shaft that goes into the transmission with a car shaft Bud Valerius
Jim505

Post by Jim505 »

Bud Thanks for the info. I did not replace any xmission bell housing parts. With the old engine it worked fine.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

bud valerius wrote:I sounds like you have replaced the clutch/brake pedal shaft that goes into the transmission with a car shaft Bud Valerius

What is the difference between the shafts?
bud valerius

Post by bud valerius »

The shaft that goes into the transmission on the 4 speed has one hole for the pins offset about five degrees different from the three speed which goes into the bellhousing . .If you use the three speed shaft on the 4 speed the clutch won't release . Bud Valerius