1931 AA Fender

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Tony G
Model Year: 1931

1931 AA Fender

Post by Tony G »

Im looking for a set of front fenders for my '31 AA 82B. I hear that the spare tire well is larger than the auto's. If there's no chance of finding a direct replacement could I convert an already car welled fender by fabricating a larger well to accomodate the 20 inch tire?
I have a chance to buy a decent car left welled fender but I dont know if the opening already on the fender will allow it.Any advice or leads for a fender always appreciated.
Old is good, New is bad
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1931 AA Fender

Post by Neil Wilson »

I have never studied the location of the A and AA fender wells on the fender. So, the first thing I would do is to insure that the hole left by an A well would be completely covered by the AA well. If this is not the case, then it would be better to start with a non welled fender.

Not being a metal fabricator, I would thing that making a well would be quite a challenge.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Model Year: 1931

Post by Tony G »

Hi Neal,
Thats what I figured the challenge is. If someone has a diagram showing measurements for both wells and their placement on the fender I can figure out if expanding the opening in the car welled fender will leave a gap somewhere. Maybe its possible to take a car well and modify it.

TG
Old is good, New is bad
bud valerius
Model Year: 1930

Post by bud valerius »

A few years ago I was told that the 1932 car fender well was the same as the AA and could be used when cutting one in for the AA