1929 popcorn photos

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
maacobob
Body Type: popcorn trk
Model Year: 1928

1929 popcorn photos

Post by maacobob »

this photo stuff is tuff i'm trying
becaude i have questions about gear ratio & style i want to post photos to help anwers my questions i have realy wide rear brake drums has 20 inch wire wheels i'm thinking this migth be an olded rear under this truck not org. to the truck
also looking to change ratio if it 's not already
Matt Kroll
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1929 popcorn photos

Post by Matt Kroll »

Which way do you think you need to go with the rear axle ratio? Do you think it's too slow, or are you lacking power in high gear?

Do you have a picture of the rear axle housing?

-Matt
Matt Kroll - WY8R
http://www.smokypond.com/
maacobob

Post by maacobob »

hi
thanks for the intrest the one photo i posted is many years ago it s in rehap now

i, m trying to post more photos
it does run the clutch is frozen will need help i,m hearing that this thing will run slow no top end
so i,m thinking it will need change of gears if not already a high gear type of truck i want to post pic. of my rear to get feed back on it

lots of cool stuff on this forum glad you guys are here

thanks bob
Attachments
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG (14.87 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Last edited by maacobob on September 2nd, 2008, 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

A stuck clutch can be easily freed with only a jack. Firmly chalk the front wheels. Put a floor jack under the center of the rear end and raise the rear tires off the ground. Start the engine. Put truck in gear. Bring the engine up to speed. Hold clutch pedal to the floor and have somebody drop the jack while the transmission is in gear and the engine is running. The shock of the tires grabbing the ground will break the clutch plate loose from the flywheel.
maacobob

Post by maacobob »

but if the clutch pedal will not go down
i put rust blaster on every thing through the inspection cover it losened the pedal some
but this is not good
i know of an old fellow with a bad hip and he can drive his aa because it s clutch pedal is so esay
i have a bum hip and not looking forward to a very hard clutch
thanks for the input can you tell me more

bob
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Have you tried removing the pedals from the shaft, cleaning and greasing them? Spray Aerokroil ( http://kanolabs.com/ ) around the throwout bearing sleeve to get it workin. Grease the throwout shaft going through the bellhousing.
I musunderstood when you said your clutch was stuck. You should have said the linkage was stuck.
maacobob

Post by maacobob »

hey thanks
i'll look into that idea
i hear about these clutches frezen up from condensation , the pedals not wanting to depress
made me think it was a clutch problem so as the wheel doesn,t turn any input is welcome