High -lo unit for a AA ford

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
midnite2336
Model Year: 1930

High -lo unit for a AA ford

Post by midnite2336 »

I have a unit that bolts to a ford worm drive rearend. I know this as I have a picture of one bolted to the rearend. On the unit it says,TWIN-HIGH and under that it says H something and O.Does anyone know anything about this unit, who made it and when? Also it has a ford bell on the other end away from the rearend. Same as the ford drive shaft bell to the tranny. But this does not seem to be long enough to reach the tranny when bolted to the rearend.Sure would appreciate any info on this unit, thanks.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: High -lo unit for a AA ford

Post by Neil Wilson »

A picture eliminates misunderstandings!!

Attached is a picture of what I think you have (from another AA'er). I have one of these transmissions (currently disassembled). It was installed in an AA with a worm drive chassis. The AA drive shaft was cut and installed at the front of the transmission and to the AA coupling shaft.

This was made by the High Low Transmission Company and is an under/over drive (planetary gears). I took it apart and now am having a hard time trying to figure out how to put it back together (I should have taken pictures).
Attachments
xBob Gocha HiLo.jpg
xBob Gocha HiLo.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
Regards, Neil Wilson