1930 Floor Boards

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
RLaurin
Model Year: 1930

1930 Floor Boards

Post by RLaurin »

Does anyone have a print of board one for my 30 dump truck? I have a drawing of board two but I understand board one is also different then the model A boards. Is there a source to buy both one and two AA boards? I can not find them and am assuming I have to make them.
Thanks in advance
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: 1930 Floor Boards

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello RLaurin,
As far as I know, the AA floor boards are not available. However, Snyder's might be a source for the #2 board.

My research is that the #1 AA floor board (for the 4-speed transmission) is the same as the #1 A floor board except for the cut outs for the brake and clutch pedal. This is based on an original #1 floor board found in a Feb. 1930 AA. The April 2007 club newsletter contains an article covering the AA floor boards.

However, since that article, I have found another original #1 floor board in a late 1930 AA which had a grove cut in the bottom side to provide additional clearance for the AA brake pedal. Without this grove, the AA brake pedal has almost no clearance and will hit the board after a little wear of the bushing.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by RLaurin »

Thanks Neil,
Is there a print anywhere for the #1 board like I got for the #2 board from you awhile back? Or at least the dimensions of the grove and cutouts as it relates to the #1 board. I can make these floor boards myself doo to there non availability but have no pattern or drawing to go by for the #1 board. Just an addon question. Since I will use this as a go Truck and not show. Any problem with using green treated wood vice regular old plywood?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello RLaurin,
Attached is the drawing from the AA Floor Board article. It does not show the cut out for the AA brake peddle. Once you get the board installed, you can determine the location of the cut out and also insure that the slots, for the peddles, are deep enough.

You could buy an A floor board #1 and then modify it. Unlike the #2 AA board, the #1 board simply has the deeper slots and the brake pedal cut out.

You should be able to use any wood you like for a driver truck. The original was 3/4" plywood with five plies and then had a dull black wood preservative coating. So, treated plywood would work as good as anything. I used sanded plywood for my boards since I could not find treated plywood in a sanded finish.
Attachments
AA-82xxx #1 Floor Board 1.jpg
AA-82xxx #1 Floor Board 1.jpg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 3334 times
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by RLaurin »

Thanks Neil,
You have been a great help. Truck will soon start looking like a truck again, instead of a pile of parts.
Bob