New Guy On Board

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
el_lobo
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1930

New Guy On Board

Post by el_lobo »

[img]Hello every body wanted to say hi before I post what I have I live in So-Cal Orange County I like to drive and build old tin and hop up roadster's,trucks you name it. I found this forum last night by chance and I really like all the AA truck's on here they look awsome. Now i'm thinking of building up the 1930' AA rolling chassie I picked up a few day's back but I wouldn't have the room. I just wanted the frame and axel off it to modified them both to run a 1931' Ford roadster body but I rather just leave it be and see if any of you guys might be interested in any of the part's or the whole roller I post it on the for sale part's side?
Thank's
Attachments
Roller.JPG
Roller.JPG (48.81 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: New Guy On Board

Post by Chris Haynes »

That frame and axle won't fit under your roadster body.
el_lobo

Post by el_lobo »

The frame and axle will work done it once the axle will get 1940' Ford spindals w/ backing plate's then droped 4" as for the frame i'll fit a 31' rear cross member were i'll cut the frame and ditch the center cross member's. Nothing is impossible to a person like me I did it with this 21' Studebaker with an AA Ford frame.
Attachments
AA Frame.JPG
AA Frame.JPG (68.41 KiB) Viewed 2898 times
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

el_lobo wrote:The frame and axle will work done it once the axle will get 1940' Ford spindals w/ backing plate's

If you find this possible to do let us know. The AA axle is much larger than the A axle.
el_lobo

Post by el_lobo »

There poeple that use the AA axle for altered, gasser, hot rod, custom hop ups like I said with the right mods like 40' spindals w/ backing plate's replacing the front axle spring with low profile one done. And for alittle nostalgic look drill out the axle so with the 4" to 5" drop on each end of the axle will look right doesn't take that much effort. I respect the fact that this board take's great pride in restoring these wonderful AA trucks hell my boy and might just keep this roller and build it up as a tow rig after seeing this sweet looking one.
Attachments
1929kraanwagen_3.jpg
1929kraanwagen_3.jpg (58.92 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
1929kraanwagen.jpg
1929kraanwagen.jpg (61.13 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
el_lobo

***** SOLD *****

Post by el_lobo »

***** SOLD *****