Pictures?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
dyoungs
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1931

Pictures?

Post by dyoungs »

Mike,

This is a pretty cool site and I have enjoyed looking thru everyones questions and answers. My grandfather just dropped of my 1931 AA this summer after he and I have done some work on it for the last 15 years. I was wondering if you are going to make a "Gallery" section to post pictures of the projects that everyone is working on. Right now I am removing the front end to replace the spindle bushings to get rid of the shimmy at 35 miles an hour.

Thanks,
Dave
Mark / WI

King Pin Bushings

Post by Mark / WI »

dyoung on a previous post you said you found some brass king pin bushings for 75 cents. Where did you get them from?

Mark / Wi
dyoungs
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1931

Bearings

Post by dyoungs »

Mark,

You should be able to get the bearings at a bearing dealer. You can go online to order them but they will probably have a$10 min order. The part number that you need is AA-1156-3. If you need me to get them for you let me know I have a place here that can get them for me and I can ship them to you. Try the oilite site they have a bearing calculator if you need any other bearings as well..

Good Luck,
Dave Youngs
Mark/ WI

King Pins

Post by Mark/ WI »

Dave thanks for all the info and for your offer of assistance. Your truck looks great. Hope my 29 looks like that some day and works as well as it looks. Thanks again.

Mark Goretski
Fond du lac WI