Weight of platform

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
bert
Model Year: 1930

Weight of platform

Post by bert »

Last night I came on line and posted a message which I rarely do and this morn. it wasn't to be found. Had to have done something wrong. Try again. Someone had asked me what a "AA" flatbed would weigh. I could not find an answer for them. What would a platform bed weigh complete with wood. My guess would be under 1000lb's.(no Racks) They did not say what wheelbase. I try to check in on this site as often as possible. When I do I usally spend an hour just reading. This is truly a great site. Just rescently picked up 4 hubcaps for my early 28. Have kept my eyes looking for the last few years. Found them on Fordbarn. One has a dimple and the plating isn't good but their not rusted out or have pok marks. I'm happy. Thanks for any help to my question and have a great"AA" day.----bert, fl.---ps--- And now I found out what happened last nite. No message subject.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: Weight of platform

Post by Neil Wilson »

From the Ford Truck Sales Manual (3rd edition 1930 page 27 at back):

1928 Platform = 469 (with tire carrier) - this would be the same for the '28 through Feb. '30 AA131.5 platform.

I don't know the weight for the AA131.5 1931 platform (probably 10% more).

The 185-A platform is 882 (1930 AA157). And The 185-B platform is 573 (1931 AA157)
Regards, Neil Wilson

Re: Weight of platform

Post by bert »

Neil, Thanks for the answers to my question. Without your vast knowledge of the indestructable "AA" where would we be? I can only imagine the books and references you must have to come up with the answers. On behalf of myself and others I'm sure, thankyou and Job Weldone. Happy holiday's to you and your's.----bert, fl.