Any Interior Cab upholstery pictures

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
cfowers
Model Year: 1930

Any Interior Cab upholstery pictures

Post by cfowers »

After 3 years and mucho $ in restoration I am about to finish my 1929 AA closed cab express delivery truck, (82-A, I believe). Does anyone have some pictures of the inside cab top? Specifically the headliner above the windshield? How was this finished originally? I have seen several restorations but no one is consistent. I would like to know what the inside top of the cab looked like coming out of the factory. I have a labaron Bonney top kit yet to install, However before install I would like to know what is the correct inside material in the top of the cab? Also any pictures of the inside doors panel upholstery and inside cowl area?

Thanks for the help
Clarke in San Diego
clarke@fowers.net
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: Any Interior Cab upholstery pictures

Post by Bob C »

Clarke,
Scroll down near the bottom of the page to "Installing 82-A Roof" and follow the link that Neil posted. I think you will find the pictures you are looking for.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Any Interior Cab upholstery pictures

Post by Neil Wilson »

I think that the Lebaron Bonney top kit is missing the welt which is installed onto the top wood (around the parameter) - see attached picture. I suggest that you visit http://abarnyard.com/temp/82-a/ to find a great series of top photos (original and new) by Marco Tahtaras of an 82-A closed cab.

Original panel boards were embossed card board which I don't believe are available today. The panel board edges had an edge trim sewn on to cover the edges of the card board. I think the only way to simulate this design is to use plain panel board (water resistant) and cover with the seat material (glued on) with an edge sewn on.

I found the door panels and windshield header panel did not fit good on the Lebaron Bonney panel kit I bought (years ago). Also, the vendor seat covers are not correct for anyone wanting to be close to original!

It is my plan to do an upholstery article for the 82-A closed cab for the April 2009 club newsletter.
Attachments
82a-13.jpg
82a-13.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 3028 times
Regards, Neil Wilson