Needing two right threaded studs and 2 lug nuts for 1929 AA

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Jbeavers
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Needing two right threaded studs and 2 lug nuts for 1929 AA

Post by Jbeavers »

Hey all, looking for two of each right threaded stud and lug nut stamped with an "R". Interesting story of how I got to this situation. I recently purchased my first model AA truck and it needs new tires so I ordered tires,tubes, flaps and get them coming my way. Next logical step was to pull the two tires I am changing and now I was alerted before hand that the drivers side had left threaded wheel studs and the passenger side was right threaded wheel studs so I knew which direction I would be turning. I also inquires about the lug nut size and was told it was 1 1/8" and that at the other end of my hand crank would have it on thier and I was like great that makes it easy. Wrong!! I don't know how anyone broke lug nuts loose with that! So I went to the farm store and bought a 1 1/8" deep socket for my 1/2" breaker bar and that was money well spent. Drivers side rear wheel came off with no issues I was like awesome this is better than expected, yall can guess spoke to soon on that one. Went over to the passenger rear wheel, first one spun off nice and so did the second one, third one started but then noticed just started spinning freely. Went on to the next one came off easy got to the last one and it was a bear! Would turn but just a little at a time, thought what the heck, made sure I was going the right direction which I was for this side of the vehicle. Spun that fifth lug nut probably 30 times and got no where, noticed the rim was a little loose, so pulled the rim towards me to put some pressure behind the lug nut and started cranking and it started to get easier and I thought awesome I got it, then the lug not fell to the ground with half the wheel stud, I had twisted it off! I couldn't beleive this because 1/2 diameter or better wheel stud also noticed that I did not turn the lug nut off any threads so I looked closer, scraped some grime off the end of the lug nut and thier it was stamped the letter "L", this whole 45 minute process I was turning the wrong way because I didn't even think to look and make sure they were all stamped with "R" to represent right thread. So if you remember I still have one more lug nut to get off and this one spun freely thier was enough play that I could tell the wheel stud was pushed back and not catching to prevent it from turning and yes I looked this one was also a left thread pulled the tire towards me turn to the left and thier it went soun off with out any problem. So now they are both off and I want to prevent this from happening again so if like to replace those two with the correct ones if anyone has some let me know here or send me a message. Kind of a long story but thought it was kind of comical after the fact plus I told my friend Dave and he said just goes to show they did anything they could to make them go back in the day. Thanks everyone
bud valerius
Model Year: 1930

Re: Needing two right threaded studs and 2 lug nuts for 1929

Post by bud valerius »

I will look this weekend , I have some NOS studs & nuts , do you need front or rear
Jbeavers
Body Type: 82A

Post by Jbeavers »

I am needing the rear
bill worden
Body Type: standrive
Model Year: 1931

Post by bill worden »

You always have to check because the drums and hubs are often installed on the wrong sides. Having both L & R on one hub is just nuts. Someone probably just had extras of the wrong kind. Left and right thread lugs continued on many makes up through the sixties and quite often tire shop guys haven't got a clue.
bud valerius
Model Year: 1930

Post by bud valerius »

I have two NOS right hand rear studs and acorn nuts $60. plus $15. shipping
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

Sent you a PM J