NOS BB-4803-B Driveshaft Enclosure

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

NOS BB-4803-B Driveshaft Enclosure

Post by E.Moore »

NOS BB-4803-B Intermediate Driveshaft Enclosure For The 157 Wheelbase Chassis. $75.00 + Postage
Drew Mashburn

Re: NOS BB-4803-B Driveshaft Enclosure

Post by Drew Mashburn »

E. Moore:

Is this the thin walled tube that encloses the coupling shaft that links the rear of the tranny to the front of the torque tube? Does yours include the universal-joint covers at both ends of the tube? By any chance can you include a photo(s)?

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

Drew, Yes this is the thin tube enclosure that covers the intermediate driveshaft between the transmission and the torque tube. $75.00 was only for the tube, but I have a NOS U Joint End for the transmission end of the tube. $125.00 for both + postage. I'll get some photos to you tomorrow.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

E. Moore:

I'm definitely interested in seeing some photos.

Thanks,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

Attached is a photo of the driveshaft tube with the U joint end.
Attachments
BB Driveshaft Tube.jpg
BB Driveshaft Tube.jpg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

Attached is a photo of the driveshaft tube with the U joint end.
Attachments
BB Driveshaft Tube.jpg
BB Driveshaft Tube.jpg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

E. Moore:

The parts number for your driveshaft enclosure begins with a "BB". Does this mean that it is the next version of the "AA" driveshaft enclosure? I ask this, because I notice from the photo the the u-joint housings at the ends of the tube are slightly different from mine. Your housings have completely round edges on the flanges where the bolts go through them. Mine have tabs, for lack of other terms, at each bolt hole. Both of my housings are in perfect shape. The transmission-end of my tube was damaged when it's u-joint came apart. The first three inches of the transmission-end of the tube is a slightly larger diameter (it's 2 inches) than the rest of the 40-inch long tube. The transmission-end housing has six bolt holes. The housing on the other end has five bolt holes and a sort of flat edge with a nick for the edge of a bolt. This flat edge goes to the top of the frame cross-member. Am I correct that the rear housing will not come off of the tube? I just want to make sure that your driveshaft enclosure will bolt up properly on my truck. What do you think?

Thank you,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

BB-4803-B Is for 1932 through 1939 trucks. It will not fit the AA. The ends and the tube are larger than the AA.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

E. Moore:

Thanks for your time. I have my really nice tube, except for its slightly damaged tranny end. I have another damaged one, but its tranny end is good. So, hopefully, I can make on useable one.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn