1929 Panel Delivery (now a pickup). How much is it worth?

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
russellpauly
Body Type: Sedan Delivery
Model Year: 1929

1929 Panel Delivery (now a pickup). How much is it worth?

Post by russellpauly »

I have what I believe to be a 1929 Model AA Sedan Delivery. Way back when, a farmer cut the delivery section and turned it into a pickup/utility truck. I had plans to turn in into a depot hack type vehicle, but I have too many other projects and I am considering selling the vehicle as is. I am looking for any info on how much the vehicle is worth. Its in pretty rough condition and has not run or moved in 25 years. I will try and attach some pictures.

Thanks
Attachments
Picture 039.jpg
Picture 039.jpg (19.14 KiB) Viewed 4865 times
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 016.jpg (15.36 KiB) Viewed 4865 times
Last edited by russellpauly on February 17th, 2009, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1929 Sedan Delivery (now a pickup). How much is it worth?

Post by Neil Wilson »

I am guessing that the "sedan delivery" portion of the truck is now gone. Maybe there is still the rear door if the section behind the side door was eliminated and the rear body section retained.

It does not matter what it was originally - only what is there today. The front section of the body is the same as a Tudor.

I won't speculate on what it is worth since it all depends on the condition of the sheet metal that is there. If it is rough, then there is very little value. Good sheet metal would be worth some $'s.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by AATRUCKMAN »

HI,
I WOULD SAY, IF THE ECONOMY WASN'T SO BAD, YOU COULD GET $2-3000 TO THE RIGHT GUY AS IT SITS. IN THIS ECONOMY THERE'S NO TELLING. I DON'T BELIEVE THIS IS CONSIDERED AN AA VEHICLE. THE AA'S TYPICALLY HAD THE DUAL WHEELS AND USED THE BUD WHEELS THAT WERE DEEP DISHED. THAT TRUCK PROBABLY HAS THE 1 TON SUSPENSION. IT IS A SHAME THAT IT WAS CUT UP. THE DELIVERY BODIES ARE GETTING HARD TO FIND. EVERYTHING IS VERY WEAK ON EBAY RIGHT NOW BUT YOU COULD TRY YOUR LUCK.
HAVE A GREAT DAY ...AATRUCKMAN
bud valerius

Post by bud valerius »

AA trucks were manufactured starting in late 1927 (the 1928 model year ). All AA's had a bigger frame and running gear dual wheels were interduced in the early 1930 models still using the 1929 body , the 1930 AA body changed in June 1930 . You need to join the AA club and get the back issues of the news letters and become better informed on the AA history . There is a wealth of correct information in the news letters and research is being done daily to help members with there restorations
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

FYI - One of the site members sent me an e-mail below:

The “sedan delivery” in the russellpauly photos never was such a vehicle. Note the bottom of the windshield is straight across and the quarter windows. This was probably a canopy top express truck by York Hoover, Martin Parry, Mifflinburg or other and quite rare.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Sedan Delivery

Re: 1929 Panel Delivery (now a pickup). How much is it worth?

Post by russellpauly »

Thanks for bringing the "sedan delivery" to my attention. I had meant to say PANEL delivery. Thats what I get for typing too fast.
AA157'31
Body Type: 500A

Re: 1929 Panel Delivery (now a pickup). How much is it worth

Post by AA157'31 »

Hello,
This is a request.
i don't know if you still own this vehicle, but i'm interested in acquiring some photos of the bottom and structural wood, as i own one that is yet a panel truck.
i bought this panel, and the wood condition is terrible, so i'm having a difficult time figuring out how to structure new wood.
if you don't own it anymore, would you consider giving me the name and email address of the present owner?

Thanks, sunny
username is my project...
'29 Tudor is 2nd project...
sunny is my nickname.