32 truck will be selling soon

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
garyc
Body Type: BB
Model Year: 1932

32 truck will be selling soon

Post by garyc »

Well, I sold it. It brought good money ( I thought ) and it might just be seen on a music video someday. The new owner is involved in the County music industry in Nashville Tn ! I hated to let her go, we got kinda used to each other after a few bumpy rides thru downtown ~ Thanks for all the help, I think I might hunt another one to rescue !

Hello,
I'm new here, just found this forum today, and from what I've already read here, its a great place for good solid information.
I recently traded for a 32 one-ton truck. I know a lot of the history on it, and its one of the finest, most rust-free antiques I've ever had the pleasure of riding in. I know very little about 32's and hope you all can help me to place a fair value on it. I hate the thought of putting it on Flea-bay, but thats probably where it will end up.
Here is what I was told by the prior owner ( he is someone I have known for years and highly trust ). He bought it unrestored in Virginia. It was supposed to have been put in a barn in 1947, and never removed. He went with trailer and winch and got it right out of the barn in 1990. He spent the next three years on it. The original 4cyl ( I think ?) was sent to a resto-shop that deals with them, and gone thru. Something was done to the mains to help oiling ( a tube of some sort ), and stainless valves installed, along with complete machining and rebuilding. The trans was gone thru, the rear was opened and found in good shape, just resealed and bearings. Body off frame of course, everything was cleaned and painted, there was no rust to speak of, still has the orginal wood in the cab floor, the bed strips were blasted and reused, with new cedar planks, all new glass, window seals, ect. Basically a total rebuild. I never asked how much he spent, or how many hours he had labored....I knew it was a bunch. !! He lost interest a few years ago after the passing of his father, and put it in his garage, where it sat since 1999. I aquired it through a trade on a custom Harley and some cash ( from me !) I may have valued it too high, but thats my problem, no one elses.

I have the original title issued by Virgina in 1932. Yes, I mean the FIRST title issued on it. I also have the jack and tool kit for it. It currently has a Marvel carburetor, but I have the original Zenith that has not been restored.

I don't have enough room to store it inside forever. My wife's Porsche is sitting outside, and thats a big point of contention here....so the truck is leaving as soon as the Title gets back from the DMV.

I need help in "identifying" it properly, and putting the proper value on it, so I'm asking for your help. Here are some pictures of it, and I will be happy to provide any other info you might need to get it done.

There were stake-racks for it, but sadly, they were destroyed in a fire a few years ago, while waiting to be restored. They were approx 24 inches high if that helps.
I am trying to ascertain what body type this is, is it a "BB" truck ( 4cyl B motor and dual wheels )???? Is it called a stake body, or a ???? I'm sure this sounds dumb to you old-heads here, so please be gentle.

Thanks in advance !
Gary
Attachments
engine_right.JPG
engine_right.JPG (90.27 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
dash
dash
0016.JPG (74.98 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
0012.JPG
0012.JPG (92.49 KiB) Viewed 6028 times
Last edited by garyc on November 3rd, 2009, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikz
Body Type: stake side,and dump
Model Year: 1929

Re: 32 truck will be selling soon

Post by rikz »

nice looking truck, i have a 31 dump and a 29 stakebed that look as good, i might be interested in it. what is your location? most trucks on ebay have not reached there reserve, i have been looking for a while. i payed low to mid teens late last year, prices are way down now, thats why i am looking. could contact me here or 334 703 6231 i am located in alabama, any time, thankz rikz
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Your truck is a 1-1/2 ton, closed cab, platform truck. If stake racks are added, then it would be a stake truck. I don't know much about non AA trucks. But it looks to be a very original and a solid rebuild. The platform appears to be the Ford sold body. I also don't know what '32 BB trucks are selling for.

Note that one item I look for on a redone truck is the finish on the wheel flange, lug nuts, and hub caps. These were all cadmium plated originally. This item is an indicator as to the redo being a "restoration" or a "rebuild". Many folks call their truck "restored" when most trucks are actually "rebuilds" and not necessarily an original restoration (i.e. back to original).

AA trucks, which I watch on Ebay, are not bringing what it would cost to actually do a redo or restoration (not even close). I think this is also true of most A's as well. The cargo body changes the price. The platform and stake trucks are the most common and therefore do not bring as much as other cargo bodies (like an express or panel).
Regards, Neil Wilson
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a

Post by miner art »

WOW !! that's a real fine looking truck!, i sold one for 6500.00 that wasn't half that nice!,good luck!!
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Miner Art:

Well thanks a lot! I was going to offer garyc $500 for his truck being that it's only a rebuild and not a restoration and because it's a BB and not an AA. But...........YOU BLEW THAT IDEA!!!

-- Drew :)
Drew Mashburn
miner art

Post by miner art »

you want to hear the rest of the story???? i sold it for 10,000 the guy came to drive it home 300 plus mi. ON THE FREE WAY!! well 2 hrs. later he call's back,this ain't gonna work!! DUH!! so i gave his money back!!!, so now it lives in the bay area haullin pumpkins, and they all LOVE IT.
ART
miner art

Post by miner art »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Miner Art:

Well thanks a lot! I was going to offer garyc $500 for his truck being that it's only a rebuild and not a restoration and because it's a BB and not an AA. But...........YOU BLEW THAT IDEA!!!

-- Drew :)
WHaT!!! lets double up,offer 1000,00 maybe i can drive it to OREGON!!
ART
garyc

Post by garyc »

You guys are crackin me up....hahaahaa ! I do appreciate the input...and its going to help in in figuring out what to honestly expect from it.

Oh Drew, I'll build a garage first...heck, I'll sell a Porsche first....lol.

Neil, I thought it was a 1-ton because on the title it states "1-T" under model. It is the original title, but hey, that may be what they listed them as back then.

I'm starting to get overly fond of these old hunks.... I turned around today on the interstate to go back and look at a 30 pickup sitting beside the road for sale, only to find that someone had put the body over on a S-10 frame and butchered the heck out of it. I was a little sad ~

Gary
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

garyc:

Hey, Buddy....................4th of July is gonna be here before you know it! Drive your old girl in an Independence Day parade. After you get major adjulations from the crowd, you'll never want to sell her!!!

Keep on truckin'!
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
garyc

Post by garyc »

I found this while crusing ebay, it suited in helping me value my truck. There may not be any interest here, but I wanted to post it anyway, in case. Looks like a good one to rebuild/restore.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=