Nice vehicle?

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
LMichael
Model Year: 1930

Nice vehicle?

Post by LMichael »

1930 Ford Model AA Truck - $3000
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/1220753534.html
What will you say about this vehicle?
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Re: Nice vehicle?

Post by rollingsculpture »

looks workable and seems to be at the original level that you would hope to find. Also to get to this point by piecing it together from a frame up would have cost 3k to get there any way .Cabs alone can go for 1500.bucks ,the body and fenders seem to need plenty of welding and patch panels if you want solid metal ,

i would ask for more pics of the engine and the interior and bottom of the cab. you might talk em down to 2500 but that is probably bottom line for that complete of an assembly.

good luck!!

MIke
Last edited by rollingsculpture on June 15th, 2009, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

LMichael:

Looks to me like a truck that would make a fine restoratin project. Appears to be missing exterior mirror(s), spare tire and tire-hangar, bed, bed fastening hardware and probably more. I'd ask for photos of the cab's interior. May be priced a tad high, but even at the price, you won't get hurt.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
bgj1956

Post by bgj1956 »

Buy it, they quit making them years ago, good price, nice starter, have fun with it, drive all summer and work on this winter, Bruce in southern OHIO
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Buy it, don't wait!!!

Make sure you get someone here in the states to look at it personally that you can trust first.

How much will it cost to get it to the Ukraine?

Dave In California
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
LMichael

Post by LMichael »

Delivery to Ukraine will cost about $ 6000-8000.
But I, while can not contact with a owner for the receipt of more detailed information.
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

You may spend less by searching for a Russian made GAZ MM, made from the Ford manufacturing plant in Gorky (Moscow outskirts) which is very similar to the same truck as the USA AA with some exceptions. I've been helping a guy in Novosibirsk with his 1931 MM. They are still around where you are and I'll bet that you can save a lot of money buying a truck that is not too far from where you live, and get one in better condition than buying one over here and spending a lot of money getting it to your home, only to have to spend loads of additional money getting it where it can be driven.
LMichael

Post by LMichael »

GAZ-MM a variant also. But it is more expensive. I know about the sale 1942 GAZ-MM near me, but for it want $14000. And it state not very much is satisfactory (not running and almost without wheels). At GAZ-MM from Novosibirsk I know also, but he will be yet more dear.