Stakes for a TT

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Jim Young
Body Type: Stake
Model Year: 1928

Stakes for a TT

Post by Jim Young »

I am restoring a 1925 Closed Cab TT and I need the side and rear stakes. I have the two front stakes. I have been told that the stakes for the TT were similar to the AA and F1/3 trucks. If anyone has any or information it will be greatly appeciated.
Jim Young
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Stakes for a TT

Post by Neil Wilson »

The stakes for the TT are the same as the early AA stakes. Sometime in 1928 the stakes were changed by eliminating a bolt hole in the lower face and the reinforcement in the lower section was raised up about 1/4". Neither change can be seen with the stake installed in the platform. This revised stake was used until 2/31 and would fit the TT. I don't know what an F1/3 is. But I would guess it does not use the same stake since the TT/AA stake was not used after 2/31.

I have about 10 of these stakes which are cut off at the top if you want a short (two board rack). They are $20 each and you can e-mail me if you have any interest. Sorry, I don't have any of the full length stakes to sell.

The rack connectors for the TT and AA 88-A platform (1927 - 2/31) are the same.
Attachments
xTruck 3-4 rear right.jpg
xTruck 3-4 rear right.jpg (83.43 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Stake
Model Year: 1928

Re: Stakes for a TT

Post by Jim Young »

Thanks for the reply Neil. If I don't find some soon I would like to get the short ones from you if you still have them. Just to clarify what I meant by F1/3 is the F1, F2, and F3 trucks.