wanting an AA dual wheeled (157"w.b.) chassis

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
scl009
Model Year: 1931

wanting an AA dual wheeled (157"w.b.) chassis

Post by scl009 »

Wanting an AA dual wheeled, 157" chassis

any shape considered

located in Louisiana
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

Re: wanting an AA dual wheeled (157"w.b.) chassis

Post by E.Moore »

Do you want just the chassis or the chassis with running gear? I have both for sale in Charlotte, N.C.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

scl009,

Go to "AA FORD DISCUSSION". When you get there, scroll down to "before it goes public" by smilebigtt. He's selling his AA chassis and more.

Good luck!
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
scl009

Post by scl009 »

yeah I saw his ad, I just want to be foolish and take on a bigger project than that. Also is his 157"? It didn't really look like it to me.

I do however want something that at least rolls, so that I'll be able to move it around easier.

Thanks for looking for me guys.

Scott
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

1 1/4" plywood cutouts make wheels good enough to roll it around.
scl009

Post by scl009 »

Chris Haynes wrote:1 1/4" plywood cutouts make wheels good enough to roll it around.

Yeah but doesn't look like it has enough potential for my fiancee to let me keep it :wink:
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

I thought you were well on your way to picking up that frame and fenders you wrote about for 400 bucks. you've written quite a bit and seem overly worried about your fiancee's opinion about a truck if you really want one get it ,its you ,a part of you that no matter what condition its in to begin with, you want it and it is meaningful to your life , she will have to love it just as much as she loves you otherwise she really doesn't love you and has a controlling streak that will only get worse as the years go on, and to that i say: get a truck not a wife!! now go get your truck son we've told you what to look for! :wink:
scl009

Post by scl009 »

I think I'll love the one for 400 bucks, but its a ten hour drive from where I am, and only if it is what the guy says it is. After reviewing a bucnh of posts over this forum, I found a few guys in texas and louisiana that had some things for sale a few years ago, but I guess they are all gone.

Also the guy selling $400 chassis just seemed a little sketchy. I think thats why I'm nervous about the deal. If I regret it then my fiancee will too, but if I'm happy shes happy. The guy wouldn't send me any more pictures of the chassis, stating that he "didn't know how to put pictures on the computer." He was probably in his late 20's or early 30s and when I asked him how he put the pictures on craig's list in the first place, he kind of stumbled around before saying that his friend did it for him.

Its just a 10 hour drive is pretty far to be scammed. I don't think anyone here can help me with that though. Just wanted to explore my options before driving up there next week. You never know when something better might come along.

Scott
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

scl009 wrote:I think I'll love the one for 400 bucks, but its a ten hour drive from where I am, and only if it is what the guy says it is. After reviewing a bucnh of posts over this forum, I found a few guys in texas and louisiana that had some things for sale a few years ago, but I guess they are all gone.

Also the guy selling $400 chassis just seemed a little sketchy. I think thats why I'm nervous about the deal. If I regret it then my fiancee will too, but if I'm happy shes happy. The guy wouldn't send me any more pictures of the chassis, stating that he "didn't know how to put pictures on the computer." He was probably in his late 20's or early 30s and when I asked him how he put the pictures on craig's list in the first place, he kind of stumbled around before saying that his friend did it for him.

Its just a 10 hour drive is pretty far to be scammed. I don't think anyone here can help me with that though. Just wanted to explore my options before driving up there next week. You never know when something better might come along.

Scott
Scott, Try this...

Look up a local Realtor where the truck is, call them and offer the realtor $50 bucks to go take pictures of the truck and send them to you.

All realtors know how to take good pics and upload them to a computer..

I have done this, and you will find someone local who will get some good pics for you.. cheaper than a 10 hour drive..
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
scl009

Post by scl009 »

great advice, thanks

scott