Wanted: AA or A project or driver

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
zim
Model Year: 1930

Wanted: AA or A project or driver

Post by zim »

Hello all,

Greetings from Indiana. I really like this site and the friendly members. Some discussion boards get very ugly. The downside is that it makes me more fired up to find an AA truck. I sold a couple of toys and am now looking for a project or running Model AA or A vehicle. The AA trucks really appeal to me (thanks to "The Waltons"). I saw several old posts with great buys ($2K-$3K), but nothing close enough to home. I live in east central Indiana.

The attached pictures are of a local '28 AA that is reasonably-priced, but beyond my budget. I'm still trying to negotiate for it though!

Thanks,
zim

(765) 964-5621

gzimmers@rcwifi.com

Last edited by zim on September 6th, 2009, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E.Moore

Re: Wanted: AA or A project or driver

Post by E.Moore »

Glad you posted. Stay on the guy with the 28 AA. Wear him down until he gets so tired of hearing from you that he gives up and makes you an offer you can't refuse.
zim

Post by zim »

Thanks, I'll probably do that! IF I could find an express box, are fenders, long running boards, splash guards, etc. tough to find? Also, do Budd wheels fit these hubs or are they specific for the heavy wire wheels?

zim
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

There is an AA express body advertised on FordBarn (couple of days ago). It is in Indiana and the asking price is $3500. I can't believe it will sell for anything close to that price! Long boards/aprons and rear fenders are available. All of the express body related parts are hard to find and expensive.

The '28/'29 AA's can use the '28 or '29 wheels. But they can not use the '30/'31 wheels.
Attachments
100_3827.jpg
100_3827.jpg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
100_3826.jpg
100_3826.jpg (87.77 KiB) Viewed 3766 times
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by zim »

Thanks, Neil. That bed would be great if I could move the decimal over to the left on its price. It is good to know that they're out there, though. I'm thinking I'd piece things together a little at a time on the bed project. Of course I should actually have a truck first...
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

The TT express body is the same size as the AA express body. The sills are parallel and there are not small wheel wells in the TT. TT express bodies are easier to find and are under $1000 (maybe even $500). The AA express body is a rare find and generally a $1000 box will need extensive work. But that is about all that can be found. From the pictures I got of the box above, I could see some rust out on the bottom. So, my guess is that it will have more rust out once the metal/wood floor is removed.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by zim »

I'm hoping to put together a fun driver rather than a show truck. The TT bed sounds like a good option. Thanks again for your helpful information.