31 AA wrecker in Maine

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
56Hotrodder
Model Year: 1930

31 AA wrecker in Maine

Post by 56Hotrodder »

Hello to all, this is my first post after reading the forums for a year or more. A friend in central Maine has a Wrecker boom , maker unknown, and a '31 Long wheelbase single wheel truck for sale. I only talked to him for a few minutes as I was passing through so I don't have all of the details. The cab and chassis appear to have a complete drive train( in pieces) with the chaasis # matching the motor #. the cab and other body parts are off under cover along with the motor and trans. the rolling frame is outdoors. He said he knew nothing about AA's , he aquired it in a trade. He thought he would ask $4900 for it. Email me for his contact info. He may have email now but was not on the net when we spoke last week. I will take this moment to tell my own tale of woe: I have 2 29 AA short wheelbase projects and a 29 CC PU that I have had in pieces for 45 years. I am trying to put it back together as original as possible( read unrestored) the only piece that is a problem at the moment is I need a seat ,bottom and back that is in keeping with the rest of the truck; Mostly original paint , a few dents , original wood in the cab , etc. I am looking for a usable seat ,can be well worn, even be ripped. I want this truck to look like it really did just surface from 45 years storage but be a running ,safe reliable fun toy. Thanks for listening, please email me at jacobson1@earthlink.net and put Model AA in the subject so it won't be deleted with the other 100-200 messages I delete every day . Thanks Rick,56 hotrodder
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: 31 AA wrecker in Maine

Post by spectria »

Welcome 56Hotrodder!

Wish I had a warehouse and a bankroll, I would buy every AA I could get my hands on...

Dave
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org