wanted seat cushion and seat back

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
56Hotrodder
Model Year: 1930

wanted seat cushion and seat back

Post by 56Hotrodder »

Hi All, I buried this request in a posting for a 31 wrecker for sale a few days ago, so I thought I would give it it's own best shot of succeeding. My '29 CC PU is out of 45 years of neglected , but dry, storage. I am only "fixing" the mecanicals , just getting it back to where it will run and stop reliably. At least as reliably as it did when I used it for daily school transportation in the early-mid 60's. I have lost the entire seat, who knows where? I need one in keeping with the truck's "unrestored" character. Well worn, torn, or ripped is OK. I have a pile of AA and A parts of unremarkable heritage to trade or will purchase outright. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks Rick
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Re: wanted seat cushion and seat back

Post by Shorthaul »

Keeping it old school huh!

One of them plastic milk crates zipped tied to the old seat frame along with a pad w'll get ya down the road.
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Post by flatford39 »

Shorthaul wrote:Keeping it old school huh!

One of them plastic milk crates zipped tied to the old seat frame along with a pad w'll get ya down the road.
That is exactly how I drove my first Model A pick up. It was a blast. Thanks for the memories.

Tom
56Hotrodder
Model Year: 1930

Post by 56Hotrodder »

Thanks for the tips guys ,but this was a time before plastic milk crates and zip ties: more like an old wooden box with a little baling twine or wire to hold it!!! Keep the originals original!!!