PARTS FOR SALE

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

Re: PARTS FOR SALE

Post by E.Moore »

There is such a thing as integrity, which most people find bothersome these days, especially in the automotive business and hobby.

When a man makes a promise to sell something to someone, he should keep his word.

I was the first at the wheels & tires, according to the seller.

When that same individual breaks his promise, he can no longer be trusted.

That way of living may seem old fashioned to the younger generation, but I will not change my way of doing business.

If I lose a deal from someone who puts himself ahead of me, I will no longer trust the seller nor the one who bought out from under me.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Eric, chances are the actual buyer had no idea you were the first promised. Now that he knows, maybe something can be worked out. That would be Integrity...

As far as the Seller goes, I am with you (at 57), if you promise someone something, even if a new buyer bids more, you keep your promise...
Last edited by spectria on November 18th, 2009, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

Eric, sorry to hear that you have such a low opinion of me. I spoke with two people about the parts, the person who posted the add, and the actual seller. I was never told that you were promised the parts. I chose to post that I bought them, to clear the air. I would be willing to ship you 4 of the wheels for what they cost me, plus shipping.
I haven't had a chance to check any thing out completely yet, but 1 of the wheels appears to have the word bent written on it. If you are interested, let me know and I will send detailed photos and descriptions.
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

Eric maybe you could trade some of the many fine NOS parts you have in seemingly endless supply for those wheels. seems to me that when a guy gets in a truck and travels several days to get parts that he truly wants and needs those parts! im sure that with the amount of parts you seem to have by your postings that you are no stranger to the investment of the road trip. Hard won and hard earned if you ask me . As for the seller ,promises with out a resolution on how to keep them (ie .. Money in hand or a confirmed time to come pick them up ) are hard to keep since strangers can change their mind or delay in closing the deal.Anybody have some good front brake drums? my passenger front is shot.
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Post by Shorthaul »

Eric, Tom,

I'm not taking sides and I sure don't know what was discussed between you and the person you talked to about the wheels and tire's and I appreciate your integrity

One thing I do know, is, no one replied thru- the buy/sell forum to the buyer ( which made me wonder, who of all of us reading this add is going to jump on it) anyway, when Tom hit the highway he took the chance that it may not be what it appears, or that the stuff may be gone when he arrives. He could have been going home empty for all he knew.

We all depend on each other here and both Tom And yourself seem to be reliable stand up individuals who I admire and rely on for info and who knows, maybe part's

Nobody here need's me butting in, it's just my opinion.
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

RollingSculpture, steel or cast iron? I've got a few but they've been metal to metal with the shoes at some time in the past. Also, costwise Maryland is a long shipping ways from Ca but i'll send it for postage if it turns out to be what you want it.

Best, russ
Everybody likes pics.
rollingsculpture

here are some pics of what i have. i have been told they are steel . according to jim schilds supplemental AA guide he shows a picture of the two side by side but they look exactly the same except for the detail of having a small weight cast into the outer rim of the drum ,my drums do not have that weight or small square block on the drum so i guess its a steel brake drum. russ if you have both can you show a pic of them side by side for everyone to see and get the right info on this recurring question? also i seem to have asbestos pads on the front brakes is this the cause of the wear? the drivers side seems to have no wear at all and the back ones i still need to make a puller to get them off the truck... so who knows.
Attachments
front drum.jpg
front drum.jpg (16.91 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
frt drm rt.jpg
frt drm rt.jpg (36.29 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
frt drm wear.jpg
frt drm wear.jpg (98.09 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

rollingsculpture,
If you don't get pictures of the two styles of drums, start a discussion on this subject. I have both styles but no pictures and it will be after Thanksgiving before I can take pictures.

The cast iron drums were not an AA production parts. These drums were a service replacement at some point after AA end of production.

Also note that the front and rear drums are the same for '30/'31. Are your drums too scored to have them turned? That might be cheaper than buying another drum and paying for shipping. And, the replacement drum may need to be turned anyway.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

I don't mind getting some pics of the two types if i've got 'em laying around, but someone posted some great photos recently of the cast and stamped drums. Perhaps they could put those pics up again.
Everybody likes pics.
rollingsculpture

I just reviewed the thread brake linings revisited and "its all there to see "as they say. now i get it ! the pictures from eric are the ones that i needed to look more closely at ,looks like i will be changing the brake linings! i really appreciate this site and all you guys for sharing you years of hard earned knowledge. especially mr Eric Moore. thank you!