PARTS FOR SALE

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
LEADFOOT
Model Year: 1930

PARTS FOR SALE

Post by LEADFOOT »

My brother-inlaw is working on a AA ford truck. He has some parts he is interesed in selling.

Complete rear axle assembly Hub to Hub, and drive shaft assembly up to transmission. (he's keeping the rear springs).
$100.00

Radiator is in good condition and for sale also.
$100.00

All these parts came off of a 31 AA. The truck ran in the early 90's and has been in a barn every since. All the parts are in good condition.

If you are interested in talking to me call my cell phone 1-812-499-6405, or e-mail me leadfoot82@live.com
We are located in southern Indiana in the town of Newburgh, about 5 to 10 miles East of Evansville In.
Last edited by LEADFOOT on November 16th, 2009, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: PARTS FOR SALE

Post by Chris Haynes »

Sadly it appears that another AA is biting the dust to become a hot rod.
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

Chris: It sure looks that way, but at least the guy is offering to sell the parts not being used. Being from southern Illinois, they're probably in pretty good shape, and not ruined by the northeast road salt. It'll likely turn out to be another rat joke from the tattootards. I'd like to see that by now the band-wagon of "chopper junk" would have run aground in some neck trailer park, but it takes awhile for a different carrot to be dangled in front of their noses.
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

I've seen some AA's that were so far gone they were good fer nuthin' but parts, and maybe this was one of them.
If it is becoming a rod, i hope it's a beaut because hot rods are cool too.
Everybody likes pics.
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP
Model Year: 1928

Post by Jared275 »

It also could be the other alternative, he could be converting it to an A truck.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Post by rollingsculpture »

its a mystery why anyone would want to hot rod a AA frame , with it being heavier than an A frame , may as well just take the sheet metal and drop it on the rest of the rod gear and sell off the whole frame as a roller , much more useful for everyone and less to take apart.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

rollingsculpture wrote:its a mystery why anyone would want to hot rod a AA frame , with it being heavier than an A frame , may as well just take the sheet metal and drop it on the rest of the rod gear and sell off the whole frame as a roller , much more useful for everyone and less to take apart.
I'm not a fan of Hot Rodding our beloved AA's, but since you have to box the standard A frame or shell out for a custom frame, why not use the heavier AA frame if the rest of the truck is crap?

I am glad he is offering the parts for sale here...Better than them being made into a Hyundai...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
E.Moore

Post by E.Moore »

This fellow promised to sell me the wheels & tires last week, and now he refuses to reply to my email. It appears that he has sold them out from under me.

I wonder if he is a used car salesman.
spectria

Post by spectria »

E.Moore wrote:This fellow promised to sell me the wheels & tires last week, and now he refuses to reply to my email. It appears that he has sold them out from under me.

The Prices did seem to be too good to be true...
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Post by Shorthaul »

I always worry about someone selling something for another person. It was a heck of a deal if for real.
spectria

Post by spectria »

E.Moore wrote:This fellow promised to sell me the wheels & tires last week, and now he refuses to reply to my email. It appears that he has sold them out from under me.

Eric, I just called the guy and spoke to him and he told me only the axle and radiator are still there, that "Some guy came by last week and bought everything else".

I think he promised you and then took the cash that rolled in the driveway...

It happens, but it's a Biatch when it happens to you.
TomH
Body Type: pickup

Post by TomH »

Eric, Shorthaul, Spectria, etc.
I am the guy who bought the tires, rims, front axle and trans. I needed the tires for my truck. I have an old home made produce huckster trailer, with a chevy axle. I always wanted to pull that trailer with my truck, and it will look much better with the AA axle under it. I bought the trans, cause mine has an issue with the reverse lockout, and this one works much better. And I guess, I bought all the other 4 wheels hoping to be able to trade for parts I need for my truck, or to sell to help offset the $300 gas bill for the 1550 mile trip. Also he threw in a few other parts. I haven't gone through everything yet, but when I do I will list the parts I can't use. I do know that there is a steering box, which is totally different than mine, and an intermediate shaft.
He wasn't a used car dealer, and seemed like a very nice guy.
I wasn't trying to steel anything out from under anyone. I simply made a call, told the man what I was interested in, and he told me to come get it. So my friend and I left here Thurs. evening at 8:00 PM and returned Sat morning at 1:00 AM.
Just thought I would set the record straight.
Tom H
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Post by Shorthaul »

Tom,
I guess that's what is meant about being only a phone call away
It's a done deal and you done good.

Where do you live, just curios.
spectria

Post by spectria »

It's good to know someone in the community got the parts...

I didn't mean anything negative about the first guy in the driveway, that's how it is, first come first served...

You got a great deal on those tires and wheels!!!!
TomH
Body Type: pickup

Post by TomH »

Shorthaul,
I am in eastern PA. I should also add that in one of our phone conversations, he asked me if I needed a flat bed. I didn't see the bed, but the rest of the truck was in good condition, so if anyone needs that, they might want to give him a call.
Tom
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body