AA Front SEATS

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
bgj1956
Model Year: 1930

AA Front SEATS

Post by bgj1956 »

NEED Front seats for AA truck, bottom and back, thanks Bruce
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: AA Front SEATS

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hmm! I am guessing that you need seats for a cab. But which cab (open or closed - and what body model number or what year - like '28 through mid '30 or '30/'31)?

Seat springs are available at most vendors. Upholstered seats are available via some vendors.
Regards, Neil Wilson
bgj1956

Post by bgj1956 »

Hmmm, I guess I need to provide more info, seats are for the 30/31 black AA, closed cab, didn't know they made an open AA truck, I've not seen one, I do also need seats for the red 28 thru 30, thanks for help as always, Bruce
( what are the body number styles for early 28 thru 30 T cab and for the 30/31 )
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Neil Wilson

Post by Neil Wilson »

The body model ids are as follows:

76-A - open cab (start of production - June 1930)
82-A - closed cab (start of production - June 1930)
76-B - open cab (June 1930 - end of production)
82-B - closed cab (June 1930 - end of production)

I have never seen an "ORIGINAL" AA truck with the open cab. I have one Ford archive photo of an AA stake truck with the 76-B cab. So, there must have been few sold. Attached is a 1928 AA express (89-A) with 76-A cab (mostly completed). I don't know if it was original or built from parts. Open cabs are called "Roadster Pickups" (just not by Ford) and are more common on the A chassis.

Yes, LeBaron Bonney has either springs or covered seats to sell. As with the other vendors, the covers are not like original (but nice looking anyway). Note that the 82-A came in black upholstry until late '28 when the color scheme was changes to brown.
Attachments
x89-A Jay Smith.jpg
x89-A Jay Smith.jpg (88.76 KiB) Viewed 5669 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: 75-A

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Neil, Really a nice roadster PU. Could be original '28. But parts have been added or changed from original. I've owned a '29 roadster pu since '63. The '29 roadster had outside door handles, Don't know when production started, '28 had not outside door handles. The windshield frame and post are not original. It has folding windshield stanchions with the upper windshield Stanchions built into windshield frame. The radiator shell is plated and so are the head lights! Happy Holidays! Shelby, Louisiana.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Neil Wilson

Post by Neil Wilson »

Chris,
Do you have the above picture in high resolution? If yes, please e-mail it to me?
Regards, Neil Wilson
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Neil Wilson wrote:Chris,
Do you have the above picture in high resolution? If yes, please e-mail it to me?
Sorry I do not. I just found it someplace on the web. I do remember seeing that truck in person many, many years ago.
I also remember the city of Inglewood, CA had a 1928-'30 open cab AA truck that was still working in the city dump back in the early '60's. No doors, beat to death, but still working on a daily basis after more than 35 years.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Chris:

Didn't you post this same photo a while back? If I recall correctly, I think I may have posted in reply to it. What I said then, as well as, now, is............I'm almost positive that this truck was not originally an open cab. I seem to recall from a fairly old publication (possibly, "The Restorer" magazine) that showed this truck, it mentioned that it was built from several trucks. Does anybody else recognize this specic truck? And, if so.....what do you know about it? Is it still around? I believe it was a Southern California vehicle.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I first saw this truck, if it is the one I think it is, at Ford Parts Obsolete back in the early 1960's. It was red with black fenders.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Chris:

I'm almost positive that you and I are speaking of the same truck. I don't know why, but "Joe McCauley" or something like that springs to mind when I think about this truck. Does that name mean anything to you?

By the way, you're givin' away your age! :)

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Chris:

I'm almost positive that you and I are speaking of the same truck. I don't know why, but "Joe McCauley" or something like that springs to mind when I think about this truck. Does that name mean anything to you?

By the way, you're givin' away your age! :)

-- Drew

Joe does ring a bell. I sure miss Ford Parts Obsolete.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Chris:

"Ford Parts Obsolete" is where I purchased many of the parts for my AA's engine rebuild. Those guys were great! Oops! Showing my age too! :lol:

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

At 15 I bought my first A, a 1931 Sport Coupe, in Santa Monica, CA in 1960. Carl's Ford parts in Santa Monica was close. But he didn't stock repop parts. So I would have my mother drive me to Ford Parts Obsolete to pick up the stuff I needed.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Talmadge. It turns out I went to high school with his son and he lived across the street from another fellow Model A nut I hung with.
Trivia question for those who knew Jim. What was his fathers name?