1928 AA parts for sale or trade

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
truknut
Body Type: stake
Model Year: 1928

1928 AA parts for sale or trade

Post by truknut »

I have a complete early '28 AR flatbed that I'm only using the frame and sheet metal. I have everything else, and would like to trade for Model A pickup parts. Such as, a box and tailgate, rear fenders, door windows. The truck I have, has the dual transmission set up, spoked wheels and hub caps. The motor turns over, but I have not got it running yet. I'm located in western Pa.
Last edited by truknut on February 16th, 2010, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobs_AA
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1928 AA parts for sale or trade

Post by Bobs_AA »

Can you send me a picture of the bed?
Bob's AA
Northern Illinois
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

And yet another AA gets turned into rat rod. :(
Jared275
Body Type: dUMP

Post by Jared275 »

Do you have any pics of the wheels? Also, how much would you like for them?
TruckMan
Body Type: Garwood Dump

Post by TruckMan »

I am still looking for a 28/29 PTO that fits the two speed auxillary transmission.

Anyone?
TruckMan
truknut
Body Type: stake

Post by truknut »

Chris Haynes wrote:And yet another AA gets turned into rat rod. :(
DICK
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Post by rollingsculpture »

trucknut while the truth (Hot /Rat Rod) may hurt no need to be rude , Im sure his name is Chris and not Richard as you suggested 8) The guys on this forum spend much time restoring and researching to get things put back in place after 80 years of decay and while you may be doing the same in your own way as Rat Rod it does nothing to preserve the few trucks remaining , it only borrows the sheet metal and scuttles the rest of history, a parted out truck is not a restored truck , it is a lost truck when dismantled from what was whole , even though restored trucks need parts. they should not have to come at the price of losing another one that was fine to begin with.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Thank you. :D
Roy Williams
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

Post by Roy Williams »

Rollingsculpture, while the term rat rod is rude and hurtfull to someone working to build a vehicle of THEIR dreams, you found a way to use the word again. What gives us the right to be hurtfull and insult everyone that attempts to offer the remaining parts to us? Are you guys going to convert everyone to our way of thinking? I really enjoy the truck talk and restoration tips but the original statement from Chris has nothing to do with either. I'm a guy on this forum and spend much time restoring and researching to get things put back in place after 80 years of decay and that part is true. But, If we continue to treat folks like this when they offer us THEIR remaining parts they will just place the offer where it's not necessary to listen to the same rude, no value statement we have all heard before. Where do you propose we find the parts to make our dreams come true? I say, Hot Rodders / Custom Car builders, if you find it nescessary to disassemble one of the AA's please give us first shot at what's left. We are advocates in the preservation and restoration of these trucks and I appriciate your support.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

didnt know Rat Rod was rude or hurtful i see the term plenty of times from the guys who build them , i personally think its a good term because the old rods do look ratty and are typically cobbled together and meant to look rude and are not meant to look polished thats the difference and you should know that . than there are Hot rods they are polished and great looking machines that use some pretty high end machined parts that i find to be very good at adapting to the old cars to function in a precision way that will last thats why those vehicle are so much dang money . who knows you may even find one in my garage one day, but i wont dismantle a whole vehicle to do it , it will be like the old Johnny Cash song one piece at a time
Attachments
rat rod.jpg
rat rod.jpg (83.26 KiB) Viewed 6391 times
hot rod.jpg
hot rod.jpg (71.12 KiB) Viewed 6391 times
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake

Post by Shorthaul »

Gotta admit. that Rat Rod has some character.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Shorthaul wrote:Gotta admit. that Rat Rod has some character.
Yeah, but he is usually behind the wheel.
Roy Williams
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

Post by Roy Williams »

In a recent ad:

A HOT RODDER CALLED ME LOOKING TO SEE IF SOMEONE WANTS 2 AA CHASSIS. BOTH ARE 30/31'S. COMPLETE ONE THE ENGINES TURN. I CAN GET A PRICE IF SOMEONE'S INTERESTED.

No Remarks! Just how much when and where.

Trucknut offered his parts directly and he is rat rodder. if he is; so what and more power to him. I hope his project turns out the way he wants it.

I'm gonna do like the Ray Charles song and the guys trying to sell us parts and Hit the Road Jack!
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I bought all the front fender,running board and rear fender brackets for my AA Express from a guy building a rat rod from a AA. While I am grateful for the parts I would have preferred to see that nice old AA put back on the road instead of being cut up.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Roy:

I agree with your sentiments and I understand from where Chris is coming. Peace and harmony to all.

In what part of our great nation are the two AA chassis's located?

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn