Wanted: 29 29 cowl section

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Wanted: 29 29 cowl section

Post by flatford39 »

Looking for a drivers side lower cowl patch panel. It needs to be at least 6" high. Mac's is back ordered for 4 to 5 weeks but since they are only sold in pairs I gotta believe someone has an extra one laying around.

I would also consider an original panel or part of one as long as the bottom 6" are rust free.

Please let me know price including shipping to 60185 in your initial responce.

Can pick up within 150 mile radius of Chicago.

Thank you,

Tom
Bobs_AA
Model Year: 1930

Re: Wanted: 29 29 cowl section

Post by Bobs_AA »

Sorry, don't have a panel. But there is a Model A swap meet coming up Feb. 21 at the Kane County Fair Grounds in St. Charles IL. Thought this might help, sounds like you are in the Chicago area.
http://www.kanecountyfair.com/calendar.cfm
Bob's AA
Northern Illinois
acauto

Post by acauto »

Try Howells sheet metal in Texas He makes the stuff , he is also on ebay , good luck
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

acauto wrote:Try Howells sheet metal in Texas He makes the stuff , he is also on ebay , good luck
BEWARE OF HOWELL'S!! Inferior parts. No customer service. I bought some of his poorly made crap and I can't get him to answer an E mail or return a phone call.
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

Chris Haynes wrote:
acauto wrote:Try Howells sheet metal in Texas He makes the stuff , he is also on ebay , good luck
BEWARE OF HOWELL'S!! Inferior parts. No customer service. I bought some of his poorly made crap and I can't get him to answer an E mail or return a phone call.
Last couple orders I sent to Howell's have been a really good experience Chris. They have a reputation for slow delivery & I certainly experienced it with my very first order but the last two I had within 5 days of order placement. I find the quality pretty good as well. I inadvertently bought inner door bottoms for my 28 doors from both Howell's & Mac's. I sent the mac ones back as Howell's were better.

The price is also cheaper than anyone else & the stuff is made here in the USA as far as I can tell.

I have been told to buy your Howell's stuff from his Ebay store and you will get it faster. I don't do that but I do pay with paypal so I can get them involved if he delays the process.

We all make mistakes Chris. Everyone needs a second chance.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Fast isn't the problem. Although it did take a long time to get it. I have a part that is made incorrectly and can't be used. After many, many E mails and phone calls that were never returned I realized I wasn't a customer to him. I was a victim. Screw Howell's and the horse he rode in on.
flatford39

Post by flatford39 »

Chris Haynes wrote:Fast isn't the problem. Although it did take a long time to get it. I have a part that is made incorrectly and can't be used. After many, many E mails and phone calls that were never returned I realized I wasn't a customer to him. I was a victim. Screw Howell's and the horse he rode in on.
What part was it??? I am just curious.

Tom
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

flatford39 wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:Fast isn't the problem. Although it did take a long time to get it. I have a part that is made incorrectly and can't be used. After many, many E mails and phone calls that were never returned I realized I wasn't a customer to him. I was a victim. Screw Howell's and the horse he rode in on.
What part was it??? I am just curious.

Tom
Door panel.
acauto

Post by acauto »

Howells was moving his operation , maybe thats what happened . I have had good luck with his parts. I think he is forgetfull, you need to stay on top of him for shipping. I bought cab rails and floor, seat pan, rear center section, all was good and fit correctly. I did not want to open old wounds sorry.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I wouldn't want anyone to spend good money on a bad product and get absolutely no customer service from Howell's. As far as I am concerned he is a class A Ass Hole. I still have my no good door panel in the box it came in ready to return to him. But he won't respond. In my opinion he is a Chicken Shit individual who hides behind his computer and answering machine.