28 headlights

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
bdotson
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1928

28 headlights

Post by bdotson »

Morning guys am new here and need of a few parts. First I need some headlight parts for a 28 AA. Someone put a sealed beam conversion in this old truck many years ago, the buckets are fine I need the parts he removed when the sealed beam conversion was installed. I guess it would be lens, reflectors.ring and clips? I am not sure let me know what you have thanks Buddy
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: 28 headlights

Post by spectria »

bdotson wrote:Morning guys am new here and need of a few parts. First I need some headlight parts for a 28 AA. Someone put a sealed beam conversion in this old truck many years ago, the buckets are fine I need the parts he removed when the sealed beam conversion was installed. I guess it would be lens, reflectors.ring and clips? I am not sure let me know what you have thanks Buddy
Welcome to the Board Buddy. Mine are later and I don't know the answers to your questions, but someone will, I'm sure!
Dave In Sonoma, ca.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

The headlights on an AA are the same as the A commercial (black painted buckets). I believe all parts are available from the vendors.
Regards, Neil Wilson
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Post by rollingsculpture »

no changes in shape or style from 28-31? i thought 28 buckets were more bullet/pointed shaped. Anyone with pics of their "correct" for the year lights. Can we get pics for each year? and talk about , bucket shapes , lens types and bucket/lens rings ? as well as single and double bulb configurations and signal light options. i will scan my service bulletins and see whats different. but in the meantime .....
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

The Judging Standards has information about headlights (page 15-2 and section 18). Headlights used on the AA are the same as the headlights used on the A commercial.

And, yes there are differences through out the years. I have never taken pictures of headlights since there is so much documentation which already exists. Maybe there are other AA'ers with a stash of headlight information they can share.
Regards, Neil Wilson