information wanted: Wood dump

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
bigiron

information wanted: Wood dump

Post by bigiron »

I have a AA truck with a Wood hand crank hydraulic dump mechanism but several pieces of the mechanism are missing. I was wondering if anyone has seen one. I am interested in getting pictures or maybe a chance look at it to obtain information.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

A dump body could be gravity, hand operated, mechanical/pto operated, hydraulic/pto operated, or hydraulic/hand operated. I would guess that your Wood dump body is the hydraulic/hand operated version.

The Wood Model A - Hydraulic/hand operated hoist is shown on page 103 of the A.G.McMillan "Truck Owners" book (sometimes refered to as the green book.

Ford sold Wood manufactured dump bodies and offered parts through service for the bodies and the corresponding hoists. The Wood bodies were assigned Ford body numbers of 204B and 208B. These are not Wood numbers! These two bodies are both hydraulic/pto operated.

I have a February 20, 1931 Ford Parts Price List for dump bodies which has the Ford sold Wood dump unit.

There are some "Ford Model AA Truck Club" with Wood dump trucks but I don't know which body style they have.

If you don't have the green book, you can e-mail me at wilsmor@juno.com and I scan the page for you.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by BIG IRON »

I am a member of the AA club and I have all the books but, it is difficult to create parts from these small pictures. I was hoping to find another one that is more complete than mine to take measurements and answer my numerous questions. I havn't contacted the "Wood" owner's in the AA club yet.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hopefully you will find that one of the club members has the same hoist which you have and can get the details you are looking for.
Regards, Neil Wilson

woods dump?

Post by 29aaman »

In regards to your need for some info on the the hand pump type set up, my friend Jim West has a very nice restored one he could give you some help. He can be reached @ 831- 234-1618, i have a woods manual crank type on a 28 aa ,and i also have one that is a pto driven type on 31 aa, we are located in central ca. good luck rich.
BIG IRON

Post by BIG IRON »

Thanks Rich! I'll give him a call in a few months. I would be interested in pictures or drawings of the handle parts and the cross member that holds the cylinder. I am located in PA.