Stake Bed Brackets

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
oldmetal
Body Type: aa
Model Year: 1929

Stake Bed Brackets

Post by oldmetal »

I recently sold a set of stake bed brackets for a 30 aa truck. I have had these for 15 years and am now told they are repos and I tried to rip someone off. I checked prices on line before selling them and got prices of Bizrate .com.(Stake Hardware) the brackets were regularly 7.95 each on sale now for 4.96 each. I sold them for 9.50 a set and the corners for 10.50 a set . Now I am told I am a scammer . I don't do this for a living . I have one truck I built and I enjoy it.Greg C Oldmetal
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Stake Bed Brackets

Post by Neil Wilson »

Greg C Oldmetal,
Thanks for your input. The original Ford AA stake rack connections are slightly different from modern day connections (which are not reproductions - just being used on current racks). I bought a set of these about 15 years ago. So, they have been making them at least that long and probably much longer before that.

Actually finding originals is close to impossible. The modern day design can be made to look like original with a fair amount of grinding.

Your prices are not out of reason given what I have seen at a local hardware store and would not be a rip off. Very few folks actually know what the originals look like. I have studied original for archive photos, found some matching connections, and ground the modern day design accordingly. Since these connections are being made for current racks, there would be more than one manufacture and varying prices.
Regards, Neil Wilson
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Re: Stake Bed Brackets

Post by rollingsculpture »

old metal i have no ill will towards you and will edit my post since it seems we both had bad luck . the price wasnt bad , the part i didnt like was being told they are NOS when they were not.since you didnt know any better than i no malice intended or taken . hope my apology is accepted .