Howells sheetmetal: Follow-Up

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

Howells sheetmetal: Follow-Up

Post by russ »

Well, UPS banged up the full rear cab corners i had Howells ship me.

I returned them (as damaged goods from shipping) for a refund rather than an exchange because the belt line wasn't really a very good match to the original and it would really show where the cab corner beltline meets the door beltline.

There were no issues getting a refund.

I've had good luck with them answering their phone now too.

So i've only had one experience with Howells now and they seemed average to deal with.

That's it for my knowledge of Howells. I'll probably purchase other stuff from them as i need it such as just lower cab corner repair panels, and see how that goes.

Best, russ
Everybody likes pics.
Reds34
Body Type: dump

Re: Howells sheetmetal: Follow-Up

Post by Reds34 »

Thanks for the update. I noticed they have a lot of stuff, but am leery of buying anything from them.

Red
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by vtwinsideways »

I ordered a pair of lower door skins and inner bottom door patch panels last month. They arrived 2 weeks to the day from when I put in the order on-line. UPS dinged one of the upper corners of the skins, but it's nothing major. The parts look great and seem to be a good match. The inner bottom patches will need some creative cutting to retain the original lines, but it's do-able. So far We're happy with them. Luke
Last edited by vtwinsideways on October 14th, 2010, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

Thanks Luke for posting your experience with their product and service. I think it's helpful to let folks know how Howell's does or doesn't take care of their customers since there seems to be such a wide range of opinions of them on this forum.

I realize they're not the only game in town, but they are one of the players and most of us can use at least some little thing they might carry. I know they've got a number of parts i can use. Brattons, Snyders, and the other usual suspects are usually top notch by my experience, but like i said, it's nice to take a look at all the worthy suppliers when parts shopping.

PS. i've got no association or connection with Howells.

Best, russ
Everybody likes pics.